Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Todd Stone

“Old Money” Boy

Well, it was fun and kind of sad that it’s over, but I love the end result. Defiantly learned a lot...about powder coat, like my old money came out like it did because I didn’t read that it needed a top coat of clear to activate the “illusion”, but I still like the satin finish, and the color...
  2. Todd Stone

RRBBO13 The “Old Money” boy Project

Well, Old Money Boy is officially done, so here are the official photos of the completed project. Being our first build, it has inspired two more...The Wife and The Kid both want one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Todd Stone

Got Old Money out for a ride. It was pretty comfortable. Thinking I’ll bit the grips on when I get them in a couple days and be done, as I didn’t like the vibe the rear fender was giving off lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Todd Stone

RRBBO13 The Skylark

I had a 76’ Skylark, it wasn’t as good looking as the 70’, but still fun, so I know what you mean. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Todd Stone

Mostly together now. Waiting on grips, and I cut the chain too short and forgot the tensioner bolts, so no ride tonight but it’s raining anyway lol. I like the white walls, and the chrome with the green. Contemplating leaving the fender off, but will wait to make that call until after I see...
  6. Todd Stone

Got my pieces and parts home and got it mostly together, and the decals on. Just need some wheels,chain, pedals, seat, seat post, handle bars and...I think had its lolz Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Todd Stone

Yes, it’s a one of a kind....at least to my knowledge lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Todd Stone

Yes, I thinking of calling it “Old Money” Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Todd Stone

It should darken with a second coat. I had similar results with the orange. The second coat is coming out of the oven right now, and it doesn’t look much darker, but I do like it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Todd Stone

So, I’ve been busy and haven’t done much until today. I kept looking at the orange paint and it wasn’t special, too much like a standard Orange Newsboys, so it was back to the booth. I picked Illusion Money, it’s a dark green, but the first cost is a little light, the same with the Illusion...
  11. Todd Stone

So today, I repainted, well gave it a 2nd coat and a coat of high gloss clear, and I’m much happier with this orange than the peach that I had yesterday, and I painted it myself, and I’m ok with the blemishes that my “painter” pointed out. It’s like scars and tattoos tell a story on a body...
  12. Todd Stone

Yesterday was powder coat day. It was almost as exciting a the birth of a child. I prepped the frame, watched it get powdered (the painter wouldn’t let me do it myself like I did my Low Gravity), then into the oven. When I came out, I was a little disappointed, it wasn’t the same as the...
  13. Todd Stone

Got some powder coat samples, now comes the tough part, which shiny thing do we like the best. My son is color blind, it’s ok, he’s been that way his whole life so he doesn’t know any difference, but he does have favorite color, like orange, which is where we’re leaning. He like New Tucker...
  14. Todd Stone

I’m sure there is a way. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Todd Stone

Lol, I knew someone would figure me out Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Todd Stone

Hey Ya’ll, first time build off builder, just going to have some fun and build something with my son with this raw Worksman Newsboy. Not sure where we’re going with it yet, but we have till August to figure it out.
Back