Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 9

Misc parts for sale

All parts prices are OBO and pickup in Huntsville, Al. If you want them shipped, buyer pays shipping. MKS Lambda pedals $25 SOLD Animal Steve Hamilton BMX pedals (new) $10 SOLD Quill BMX stem $15 SOLD Soma High rise threadless adaptor $10 Velo Orange Cigne stem (fitted but never used) $50 SOLD...
  2. 9

Need help finding some handlebars

So I currently I have a set of Velo Orange Tourist bars but I am not completely happy with them. I want something a bit wider, a bit more rise and similar or maybe a bit more back sweep but I am struggling to find anything. One kind of close option is a Rivendell/Nitto Bosco 58cm bar but it is...
  3. 9

Bikes that 93EXCivic has seen on the internet

Inspired by MattiThundrrr's thread. I figured I'd do one of bikes I like and I think so of you guys would it. Saw this cool build on Pinkbike
  4. 9

I am feeling dumb today and can't remember what these are called

So I am having a brain fart and struggling to remember what these rods on the front of the fork are called. I have an idea for a build I want to do one day. I am assuming they come in different lengths?
  5. 9

Video of the first mtb imported to Europe

I thought some of you guys might enjoy this.
  6. 9

I thought some of you would enjoy this (79 Cook Brothers)

https://theradavist.com/2021/03/readers-rides-rons-1979-cook-brothers-cruiser/
  7. 9

Get a seat post to stop slipping

Ok so my Schwinn High Plains townie is having problems with the seat post staying. I have a 25.4mm seat post with a 26.4mm cane creek shim in it with a seat post binder bolt rather then a QR. It just will not stop slipping. I made sure the clamping slot in the seat tube was clean and not...
  8. 9

Punk brothers (pair of custom rigid mtbs)

So starting on my two builds for the year. First up the one that is probably going that is going to be more interesting to people on this forum, a coaster braked mountain bike that I am calling Suspect Device. The design was inspired by a recent build by BTR. The name comes from the classic...
  9. 9

22.2 to 31.8mm handlebar shim

Does anyone know where I can find one? Everywhere seems to be out of stock.... Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
  10. 9

Square Taper crank bolts

Do all square taper cranks use the same bolts? I have a set of Sugino GPs that I am going to use with a Tange Seiki BB. Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
  11. 9

Misc parts for sale

Prices don't include shipping BrandX 740mm 15mm rise bar $10 Nukeproof bar cut to 760mm 40mm rise $15 Random cheap ebay riser bar $Free Two Fabric water bottles (they don't use cages. Connect to frame via little bosses) $10 Frame mount mini pump $10 Sungino Impel mountain triple Nevermind...
  12. 9

Nice looking headlight for city use

Trying to figure out a battery powered headlight for use around town at night that doesn't look ugly. I don't want a light that look like the standard battery headlights like this. I also don't think a classic cruiser style headlight would look right. One like this. I like the Rindow...
  13. 9

How to tell brake and shifter cables apart

I have a few cables and I am not sure if they are shifter or brake cables. Is there an easy way to tell them apart?
  14. 9

The period after Chaos on the Surly bikes website

https://surlybikes.com/ Click the period after Chaos on the Surly website for amusement.
  15. 9

This is a super cool old school MTB frame

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ATB-Nashbar-Bullmose-Terra-SL-Frameset-Extras-Retro-Large-57cm-22/254570174810?hash=item3b4590995a:g:34MAAOSwDklelz2R
  16. 9

Worksman Newsboy seat tube length

Does anyone know what the seat tube length of a Worksman Newsboy is? Also about what is the fork length (A-C)?
  17. 9

Garage clean out (cheap mostly mtb parts)

All prices are cash picked up in Huntsville AL. If you want it shipped buyer pays shipping and PayPal fees. Push Shock of a 2011 Niner WFO9 with 500lb Fox spring. $20 Sold SRAM X9 2speed shifter $5 Nitto Torsion bar off Surly 1x1 (about 660mm wide) free (gone) Cheap ebay riser bar free BrandX...
  18. 9

24x3 tires on a 26in cruiser

Will a 24x3 fit on most vintage 26in cruisers? Also are there fenders that would cover this wide a tire? I have an idea of what I want to build next.
  19. 9

Cool video on very early bikes

Thought some of you might enjoy this video from GCN.
  20. 9

26 MTB to gravel bike conversion to town bike

So my wife has recently taken a liking to riding but she is only really interested in gravel and greenways and the like. Neither of my two bikes are really ideal for this kind of riding. A low long and slack 150mm travel (1275mm wheelbase with a 64deg head angle) Ragley Big Wig (which...
Back