Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 41DX

Prewar Schwinn with a 70's era clunker build.

Enjoy: All drum brake ride.
  2. 41DX

Prepper Bug out Bike

You guys are pretty savvy here. What have you put together as your end of the world as we know it bike. The one you will go to as your primary mode of transportation if gas no longer becomes readily available. I am not a pepper beyond being ready for a natural catastrophe (probably earthquake...
  3. 41DX

Stumpjumper survivor

I agree 100% that outside of finding the frame/fork that starts a project, the tires are the toughest part to find (and getting tougher). 30+ year old rubber just doesn't fare that well. Most of my bike collection is focused on early 80's mountain bikes and I will go to great lengths when it...
  4. 41DX

Stumpjumper survivor

A lot of cool going on. Bummed the sidewalls are rotted, tough to find those tires. Dig the Grab On grips and that Specialized headset. 83 was certainly early in the game, and no doubt, Specialized, along with Univega led the way with the mass produced far East frames. By 1983, Tom Ritchey and...
  5. 41DX

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

A few recent fillet brazed projects: One frame up restore with new or almost new era correct parts, one left as found, and one era correct restore. I'll let you guess which is which.
  6. 41DX

Tange Switchblade Forks

I have bought sold these for $100 in great shape which is probably a more realistic price point. A copy of the original's Keith Bontrager made, I believe Tange bought the rights to make these from him.
  7. 41DX

1936 Schwinn "C Model"

Pretty. How do you determine the year of a prewar C frame?
  8. 41DX

Difference between Prewar Schwinns (rangers, packards, aces)

Not an expert but, don't get caught up with the head badges. 39 looks different than the 40/41. All three look pretty cool. There are Schwinn catalogs that can be found through google and plenty of online examples. 41 DX in front. C frame in rear:
  9. 41DX

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

An evolutionary photo in red. Front to back: 79/80, 81/82, 83/84:
  10. 41DX

Schwinn Pre War Klunker

Progress. Fixed budget, limited time, other projects. I love this hobby:
  11. 41DX

Competition

Slow as ever. Still building wheels: Cyclone: Campy: Avocet, SR: TA: Magura, Suntour: Yes, it stays in the bedroom.
  12. 41DX

Competition

Comparison Ritchey BB and a Potts. Ritchey used a retaining clip. Potts used Loctite:
  13. 41DX

1982 Schwinn Sidewinder

Dig that era.
  14. 41DX

1982 Schwinn Sidewinder

Cool stuff. Nice rims and stem.
  15. 41DX

Hello! Newb from Eastern Wa. - Just bought 800 (yes 800) Bikes!

Wow, Nice score. What era are the bikes? Any old Mountain bikes in the piles. Some people day dream, others do. Have fun with it.
  16. 41DX

Competition

A lot but not all of the Early Ritchey's do.
  17. 41DX

Competition

Slow project:
  18. 41DX

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

xxxx
  19. 41DX

Schwinn Pre War Klunker

Small steps. Horrible with deadlines:
  20. 41DX

37 Schwinn Admiral - Klunker New YST Bottom Bracket

Re: 37 Schwinn Admiral - Klunker Last bits coming together Great Shot!
Back