Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

My Cranbrook, as I wrote above, came with an anemic coaster brake. I called Huffy, and they sent me a new rear wheel assembly minus the tire. I swapped that wheel a few weeks ago, and this coaster is better. About a month ago, I replaced the rear tire on my daughters Thruster Fiixie single...
  2. B

2016 SCHWINN AEROVANE CRUISER - REVIEW

I have seen some of these Hyper cruisers at the Hilo Walmart the last couple times I was there. Too bad they didn't have them when I bought my Huffy Cranbrook.
  3. B

2016 SCHWINN AEROVANE CRUISER - REVIEW

I like the Aerovane, and the Miday (29" and 7 speed model), and the Swindler too. But, one never sees these in the Hilo Walmart, and if you order one through Walmart online, they tack on about $75 over the price of the bike for shipping and "fees".
  4. B

Old geezer buys new Cranbrook

Yeah, it's about 85 miles. That is going up on Saddle Road between the volcanoes and over. The very scenic southern route is more like 125 miles, but worth it for a wonderful beach stop, and a great bakery on the route. The northern route, up through Hawi is a beautiful trip to, but even more...
  5. B

To horsefarmer, with my bad knee I find swimming at a pool also helps loosen it up.
  6. B

That bike looks good too. It's on the Kona side and I'm on the Hilo side between Keaau and Pahoa, so Kona is a good 85 miles away or so. It's my right knee also.
  7. B

Nice video about hot-rodding your CB Hub for klunking duty...

Thanks for the info! I'll try the two foot method. One reason I bought this bike was to try to get my right knee working. I took a bad fall about 15 months ago, and I heard and felt a nasty POP. I gave the bike I was riding at that time, to my daughter. A Thruster Fixie, and I was enjoying that...
  8. B

Being as I live on the big island of Hawaii, I think I checked the shipping and it was about $12.00.
  9. B

Nice video about hot-rodding your CB Hub for klunking duty...

Just bought a new totally stock Huffy Cranbrook. I like the bike pretty well. The coaster brake does slow it down and stop it, but the thing won't lock up the rear wheel. I'm now 64 and it's probably been 55 years since I rode a coaster brake's bike. What is normal for these? Should they be...
  10. B

army bike

They have a similiar model called the Superb. It uses coaster rear brake and a front hand brake. Wish my Cranbrook came with one. The Superb is offered in blue or silver. Amazon sells them too.
  11. B

For those of you with more experience than I have, I just bought a new Cranbrook from Walmart on Hilo Hawaii. I think it's a great looking bike, with a red frame and black fenders. I'm not thrilled with the coaster brake, as it seems a bit weak. It won't lock up the rear wheel for instance. I...
  12. B

Yeah, I am now working through that thread. At first, I couldn't view the photos, but I have that problem fixed now. So a center pivot front brake should be what I'm looking for?
  13. B

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, there is a fender mount there. Shouldn't be to tough to get a brake kit for the front. If I do I want a metal mount and brake handle. I hate those plastic mounts like the Thruster Fixie has. One is messed up and you can't use the adjuster at the handle bar on it...
  14. B

New here and just got the ap onto my Chromebook so I can see the photos here. I just turned 64 on Nov. 1st. I had blown out my right knee about 15 months ago, so sold my single speed Thruster Fixie bike to my daughter, and it's getting a lot of use. The doctor said I really didn't need an...
Back