Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. NoControl

My Lack of Shock Knowledge is Shocking!

My huge glut of work (since February) has now finally shown signs of ending. This will give me some time now for some of my builds. Thanks, God! :dance2: I'm dreaming up a design for a fork that will utilize a couple small motorcycle shocks. I've briefly looked on ebay and saw a bzillion...
  2. NoControl

Post-Apocalyptic Columbia

Here it is. 1946 Columbia. I'm thinking a post-apocalyptic theme. This bike is uglier'n a hat full of buttholes, but I think it's a blank canvas. I'll cook something up with it.
  3. NoControl

Rims: Am I Looking for the Impossible?

I'm going insane. My current build is a 1947 Columbia, and I'm nearly done with the frame. Meanwhile, I'm sourcing wheel components. I have a sweet re-chromed Bendix hub for the rear, and I'm looking for a front hub to match. The problem is that I'm hitting dead ends at every turn when I look...
  4. NoControl

Best Bang for Buck Tig?

Hey all. I'm wanting to buy a tig and get to know it. I've done plenty of tig welding on the job, but never had to buy one for myself. Lots of new welders out there - many are Chinese - which may not be a bad thing if the price is right. I know that I want AC/DC so that I can do steel and...
  5. NoControl

Best Place to Buy Tubing?

Okay let's say I have a frame and I want to stretch it or add a tube. Is there a CHEAP place to buy suitable steel tubing for this sort of stuff?
  6. NoControl

1947 Columbia Build

Hi everyone, So this is my oldest resto-build to date. A Columbia that I actually drove to Westfield, Mass to pick up. Not super sure where I'm going with this yet, but it'll definitely get the good stuff. This is the way I got it. Repainted. I stripped the paint off, and found...
Back