Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. karl beacham

Building headstock, yokes, etc from scratch

Yeah. I'm thinking I could hide the clamp within the design of the yoke. I was originally thinking of steel for yokes but am going to have to make them out of aluminium due to thickness and weight. 10mm thick steel yokes will weigh a tonne Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  2. karl beacham

Hehe all good my friend. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  3. karl beacham

Haha diablo. My bad dude lol. I did first think about rotated but then that would make tube fitting harder so may as well use round and mitre. My thoughts behind this build were... I had unlimited box at work to use for free (this has now changed but still like the idea) I wasn't hugely...
  4. karl beacham

These are the bearings I'm planning on using https://pyramid-parts.com/products/steering-head-bearings-kit-22-1003-SSS903-BR24 Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  5. karl beacham

Yeah I just tried to delete but didn't let me. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  6. karl beacham

What format do you want Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  7. karl beacham

Something like this Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  8. karl beacham

Not sure free one online. Yeah of course Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  9. karl beacham

You guys rock. I like v notch idea a lot. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  10. karl beacham

Yeah the square shape is limiting for sure. The picture below was my initial idea. But that's not going to suitably clamp square legs. Or is it. The clamping force would only be on two side right? The benefit of your initial idea is I can use the same design across three potential...
  11. karl beacham

OK so both top and bottom are welded to forks. I was thinking maybe a solid 30mm aluminium rod going all the way through with tapped hole bottom and top and something like M12 screw both sides Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  12. karl beacham

I'm going to draw up those ideas on the frame and see what they look like. Thanks guys. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  13. karl beacham

Is that a leaf spring? Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  14. karl beacham

And dude. Your bike looks bad .... Very similiar look to what my next one will be Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  15. karl beacham

How would you attach the bottom? Would that weld straight to the fork? Or compression clamp on the side? Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  16. karl beacham

Yeah. Battery, controller and bms Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  17. karl beacham

Struggling to visualise this. So a drawing would be awesome Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  18. karl beacham

Yep. Sorry. Yokes are more motorcycle I guess. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  19. karl beacham

Hey guys. I'm making a chopper style ebike. I've got my initial design I'm just struggling with some of the more specific details. I plan on having a square headtubeout of 60mm2 box. 5mm thick wall. I'll then machine out a 55mm dia round recess to sit the taper bearings in. I'm not sure on...
  20. karl beacham

To Be Decided

That's an M16 countersunk. Actually... That's it sat in the bearing.
Back