Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. lobsterboyx

Arrow.

Been busy with... you know.... life... Still trying to find the right colors to go with. AND I need to find someone that has a race remover in LA that knows what they are doing...
  2. lobsterboyx

DILLIGAF Shelby "Bareflow" (formerly Hiawatha Arrow)

Re: DILLIGAF build Thats a Hiawatha Arrow frame - does it have holes for a headbadge?
  3. lobsterboyx

The Quitter: A little Progress 7/1

Re: The Quitter Its a prewar shelby. It would have had a "peanut" tank. just google peanut tank shelby and you'll find your bike. that frame might have also taken a "no nose" tank.
  4. lobsterboyx

Arrow.

It is a Shelby made bike but it's the Hiawatha version.. The Shelby airflow has a different tank and a straight down tube rather than this one that's crooked. Most people prefer the airflow only because it has a lightning bolt on the tank
  5. lobsterboyx

Arrow.

Alright I'm goin to stop being all weird with my handwritten notes and cryptic messages... This is a Hiawatha arrow with all the Shelby speed line parts applied. This was built as a airflow but with a arrow tank. I recently got my hands on a real arrow frame and now I plan on doing this. Don't...
  6. lobsterboyx

Elgin BMX Cruiser

Ill break my "Weird" character for a minute and say that I have one of these bikes and they are probably the most stout bike out there. Cant wait to see where this goes!
  7. lobsterboyx

Arrow.

right.
  8. lobsterboyx

It started with a drawing.

Im building a bike rack for the top of my 58 cadillac tonight, then tomorrow, I'm going to be taking it the local cruise in to see what people think about it...
  9. lobsterboyx

I have no words to describe how much this outpouring of kindness makes me feel. It just serves to stoke the fire under my butt a bit more to get this thing off the ground and in to the hands of people that would ride them.
  10. lobsterboyx

of course you do Leo - I wouldent have that if it wasn't for you. Im bringing the new bike to big boy on friday night.
  11. lobsterboyx

thanks! my nameless bike all of a sudden got pretty boring. I refuse to photograph them together either.
  12. lobsterboyx

So here is the final update... with only a few days left before the show, The bike was packed up with too many blankets, tie down straps and just about every precaution necessary. the booth was completed and also disassembled and packed up. I had a 2 page check list of things that needed to...
  13. lobsterboyx

I go well with butter.
  14. lobsterboyx

thanks! I have those tires on 2 of my bikes, the actual tires on this bike came off of my 14' iver johnson arch bar. i also have them on my 13' new england motorbike.
  15. lobsterboyx

so we continued doing the body work to the point where we were 90% satisfied.. lots of late nights, greasy food, beer and smokes. there were a few more details to add. at this point my partner and i (with the help of our girlfriends) decided to set aside our burning desire for perfection...
  16. lobsterboyx

seeing as how this is a mockup... it has no drivetrain. but Im working on a shaft drive system. I have access to a few turn of the century shaft drive bikes that im using for ideas/engineering purposes. I also need to work out a single sided rear hub and brakes.... like i said, lots of...
Back