Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. U

Turning a coaster brake into a free coaster, have you done this mod ?

There's loads of tricks that you can't do if you have to pedal backwards while rolling backwards and many more that not having to back pedal makes a lot easier. Also, a coaster should coast more freely as there isn't that little bit of drag from the ratchet mechanism. And it's silent, always...
  2. U

Where can I buy more of these 3 inch tires?

If you bought them on ebay, they'll be in your purchase history.
  3. U

UK Klunkers facebook group

Hi, hope I'm not out of line posting this here... I've started a UK Klunkers facebook group, you can find it here. Hopefully it can be a place to trade klunker, singlespeed and retro parts and maybe to organise some events, coaster brake challenge etc...?
  4. U

Custom Headbadges

I'm in the UK but I'm still at the kind of experimenting stage. Couple I've done so far...
  5. U

Custom Headbadges

I'd offer my services but I'm on the wrong side of a lot ofwater, try this guy, https://www.instagram.com/r.buckoo/
  6. U

Linseed oil finish?

I wish you could get high off it, would make the smell a bit more worthwhile!
  7. U

Linseed oil finish?

I didn’t use blo on the project up there ^ but I did use it on s set of raw steel handlebars yesterday and thought I might share my experience. Finish on the bars was sort of brushed (sanded) to begin with and has turned out pretty matte. I’ve not tried buffing them up, I might in due time...
  8. U

Linseed oil finish?

I have a fairly similar segmented disc fork on my other bike, 1 1/8" though and quite a bit longer.
  9. U

Linseed oil finish?

Steel. I wasn't sure about the fork at first, I have a kona p2 fork I thought about using but I like segmented forks. Got one on my other bike too.
  10. U

Linseed oil finish?

Cheers guys, litre of linseed arrived in the mail today. Will get on it soon. In the mean time, the bike as it is just now
  11. U

Linseed oil finish?

Ah no worries. Guess I'll buy some and see what it's like.
  12. U

Linseed oil finish?

Yeah I've done clearcoat over raw steel on a few things, sometimes it seems to take pretty well, others it flakes off real easy and it's always a temporary solution, it doesn't take long for the moisture to find a way in. I tried blo a while ago actually and din't get on with it but I think I...
  13. U

Linseed oil finish?

I have a project I'm currently working on which I want to keep as raw steel finish. Would y'all be saying BLO is the best option or is there something better out there? I asked in another forum and someone said BLO is a bit old-tech and suggested there would be better, more modern options, they...
  14. U

KLUNK!!

Awesome, thanks guys. Hub, spoke washers and axle all ordered.
  15. U

KLUNK!!

Can't find any specific coaster discussion thread so I'll ask here, This site lists the Shimano coaster as the best of the modern (ie available new) hubs. Would people here agree with that? I'm in the UK so Bendix isn't really an option unless I buy from US ebay. I'd need to replace the...
  16. U

Heavy Duti from Chuck

That black and yellow looks like it was sweet.
  17. U

Felt aluminum frame bottom bracket woes

In my experience of that style bb - which is from bmx bikes - yes, annoyingly normal. I had a few frames that needed 'fettling' in order for the cups to install properly. Being bmx frames they were steel so could take a bit of a pounding, either to reshape the shell or to just get the cups in...
  18. U

....Springer Fork

Looking to build a springer (or strut) fork for my Kona Humu klunker. There's some great forks in here but I notice most are used without a front brake. I need a front brake for the riding I do on my Humu. I currently run a disc brake. The bent leg style of fork like on the bike with the...
Back