Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Troyminator

Post Your Final Thoughts

It's taken me 2 and a half days to go through each of the Class 1 Build Journals. They are all great with a lot of spectacular ideas and individual visions and can now proudly say "I Voted". Best wishes and best of luck to all of you builders for such a great Build Off #14. Glad I could be a...
  2. Troyminator

Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

I got mine from a farm equipment salvage yard. It’s a 6 inch diameter 50’s-60’s tractor headlight that I converted to battery powered LED Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Troyminator

C.C.M. (Configuration & Change Management)- FINISHED!!

This was a fun build off for me and turns out, I really did appreciate having the extra month to pull things together. Best of luck to everyone on their own great builds this time around. You all deserve a pat on the back for a job well done! Here’s my build thread to see how all this came...
  4. Troyminator

C.C.M. (Configuration & Change Management)

The before and after of the headlight mounting bracket... Just need to fasten him securely and the bike is done. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Troyminator

The front fender is actually a rear fender mounted backwards so this hole was used to mount the fender to the frame between the lower rear stays. Decided on this one last night to cover the fender mounting hole. Have to eat all the candy before I can take it apart and mount it though... PEZ...
  6. Troyminator

Easy fix. At least it didn’t snap right off. [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Troyminator

I forgot how much ground clearance I need and hooked the front fender on a speed bump this morning on my ride before work. Back to the garage for a little sheet metal work... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Troyminator

BLACKBIRD (Skylark Convertible)

The same thing happened to me too. I discovered that fact on my shakedown ride, lol. Sure turned some heads when they heard me coming though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Troyminator

Back to the Dollar Store for some hood (fender) ornament ideas from the candy aisle. It’s a good thing Halloween is coming, lol. There’s lots to choose from. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Troyminator

Half the afternoon and it’s ready to go back on. If I have a quiet day at work tomorrow I may tackle a taillight contraption of some sort. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Troyminator

Joining two Dollarama COB LED mini work lights together to convert a headlight seems to be a little like neurosurgery. Then again, I don’t profess to have a degree in electrical engineering either. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Troyminator

If there was a way to make it a mullet with the sheet metal, I would have definitely tried. But I defer to the “Mullet Fender Master” [emoji119] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Troyminator

Burning the zinc coating off with my barbecue chimney starter filled with kindling seemed easier than dragging out the oxy/acetylene torch. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Troyminator

Drilled out, bolted up and installed... I don’t think I have the heart to rat-ify the actual headlight though. Almost feel it is a sacrilege to mess with a 60-70 year old farm relic. Adds a little splash of colour to the build too. The bracket is too shiny and new looking though... Sent from...
  15. Troyminator

Picked up a livestock gate hinge at my local TSC farm supply store this morning to use as a headlight mounting bracket. $3 and almost ready-made for me and my application. Only have to drill out one hole to 1/2” to fit the bolt on the headlight and add a little bend to it. Sent from my...
  16. Troyminator

Thanks RonK! Having fun myself with this build. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Troyminator

Fenders are finished and installed. Almost there... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Troyminator

Did you need the Krazy Glue as well? [emoji851] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Troyminator

The front fender is “rat-inating” nicely... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Troyminator

Broke out the back of the bulb and keeping only the lens part, which broke into 4 large pieces in the process. Krazy Glue to the rescue!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back