Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. my65pan

Parts pile jalopy

Yeah, I watch eBay, the Cabe, and local listings for deals on tanks, drum brakes, early style springer forks, straight bar frames, and assorted parts. The deals pile up if you give it enough time.
  2. my65pan

Parts pile jalopy

I put this together over the last week or so from my parts pile. Early 50s frame, tank, and front forebrake hub, repro forks, Bendix kickback. Waiting on a nice patina brake lever and badge to arrive to finish it. Also, I put one of these inside every tank bike I have. Cheap insurance...
  3. my65pan

Need advice.

I painted and pinstriped the Sportsman toolbox. I still wish it had the old style latch, but it looks good & hides the battery, lipo alarm and switch just fine.
  4. my65pan

Need advice.

I agree, especially considering the one I'm having custom made to fit my frame costs half the price. Sportsman needs better customer service, I was told that these were "improvements" and if I didn't like it send it back.
  5. my65pan

Need advice.

I received the toolbox from Sportsman Flyer, but they've changed the design. I like the new hinge placement, but I wish they would have kept the latch that used to be on them. The new latch is just a capture screw. :-(
  6. my65pan

My Yamaha Moto-Bike returns.

Yeah, Ted was a daredevil back then, I assume he still is. This is him with his other Yamaha from the same time period, and at the same location.
  7. my65pan

My Yamaha Moto-Bike returns.

This is one of two Moto-Bikes that I had as a kid in the 70s. I kept it around for years but finally gave it to an old friend before my interest in bicycles was rekindled recently. He never did anything with it so he gave it back to me. What would you do with this frame and forks? The dude...
  8. my65pan

Just picked up a 1956 Heavy Duti.

I need to find spokes to re-lace the old hubs and rims, any help would be appreciated.
  9. my65pan

For now I took the fenders off and put on a cheap set of wheels from my Wallyworld Columbia. I'll pick up a chain this weekend, repack the crank and steering bearings, and just ride it.
  10. my65pan

It's been years since I've changed a spoke, or laced and trued a wheel. Where would I find spokes for S7 rims? It still has the original Schwinn Tractor tires on it, plenty of tread, but dry rotted all to heck.
  11. my65pan

Its missing a chain, has a broken spoke on the rear wheel, its missing one on the front, the fenders are all mashed up, and the tires are rotten. Not sure if I want to try to restore it, or just make it into something else.
  12. my65pan

I just found another # on the head tube. You're right, 1972.
  13. my65pan

I was going by the serial #? Thanks for the correction though, I know very little about these things.
  14. my65pan

A friend I've known since high school sold me this 1956 paperboy bike today for $100. For now I'm going to go through it & get it rideable, but I'd appreciate any help on finding restoration info and parts.
  15. my65pan

Need advice.

No, it doesn't seem to need it.
  16. my65pan

Need advice.

17. my65pan

Need advice.

That's what I went with, I'm happy with it.
  18. my65pan

Need advice.

I received one of the toolboxes yesterday and it fits OK. I contacted the seller and he is making me another one to my specs to fit my frame better. I'm also having him put the door on the left side to clear the chain.
  19. my65pan

Need advice.

I'm still waiting on the toolboxes, but she is sure fun to ride now that I have gears. I also ordered a Brooks B66 saddle, the rails on this Chinese seat have already started to bend, and I only weigh 165lbs.
Back