Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Scarecrow73

Raleigh Record

Scored at the flea market today. 10 speed Raleigh Record complete and original except for missing seat. Very little wear/use, still had the original Raleigh tires and tubes. Decal says made in Republic of Ireland. Dealer sticker dated 1973 and license sticker from 1976. Plan to keep stock/period...
  2. Scarecrow73

Nottingham Raleigh

LOL... Don't be too hard on him. I was like your friend. My first builds were truly terrible. And I still have a long way to go. Many builders on this site produce works of art that far surpass what I can do. :nod:
  3. Scarecrow73

Nottingham Raleigh

I agree on the sprocket but but I could not justify the cost. Fenders are original but brackets are incorrect. Head set original (quill is of unknown make though) but I replaced the bearing cups and bearings (with Raleigh parts) When original parts are hard to find and/or too expensive I try to...
  4. Scarecrow73

Rotten Rocket

Very cool :thumbsup:
  5. Scarecrow73

Nottingham Raleigh

Refurb of $40 flea market find. Raleigh LTD-SC single speed. Frame, chain guard and fork original everything else is aftermarket or from parts stash. The prices for replacement 26 tpi bottom bracket parts and crankset were outrageous so I opted for a Velo Orange threadless square taper cartridge...
  6. Scarecrow73

Columbia Tourist V Refurb

Not everyone’s cup of tea but I really like the old diamond frame lightweights. This started out as just a frame, chain guard and fork. Installed all new brake hardware along with NOS Shimano SIS drive train parts. Everything else came from the parts stash.
  7. Scarecrow73

Murray Monterey

Got to love those Murray's. Great looking frame and blank canvas to work with. Millions of them out there and cheap to buy. :)
  8. Scarecrow73

Ross Eurotour 5

Real nice. That bike and a few other Ross's are on my want list
  9. Scarecrow73

Gamble's Hiawatha Branded Murry

Nothing real special. I like keeping original paint patina mixed with new/better parts to make riding more enjoyable. New tires and rims with Shimano 3 speed, newer shinier Murray crankset, chainring and some new pedals. Handle bars and truss rods came out of my parts stash.
  10. Scarecrow73

New Guy From the East

Greetings from Southern New Jersey. Very inspiring and informative forum. Also very much impressed by “No Definition Rule” of what a Rat Rod Bike is or should be. So I decided to stop lurking and join in on the fun. Been building for about 5 years now and enjoy every minute of it. My favorite...
Back