Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BLASTER

HotRodLiner

Nothing too earth shaking or radical here, but this is what I've been goofing with. The chrome on the frame cleaned up pretty nicely. The Sturmey Archer with coaster brake is working out nicely. It's been suggested that it was a Flightliner. I've got a big drag slick in the plans as well as an...
  2. BLASTER

New Liner-Flyer projects!!!

New projects! :mrgreen: Ok, Spaceliner/Cosmic Flyer/Stratusliner gurus! Can you help with some I.D.-ing? I get this one in exchange for.... ....working on this one. Soooo styleee. I'll be hot rodding mine.
  3. BLASTER

Downtown Highlife Bicycle Club - San Antonio, Tx

I should have written about this before. My wifee and kid and I went on this downtown San Antonio bike ride with at least 87 other bike riders. Very casual. No spandex. We meet at 9:00 on the last Friday of the month in front of the Alamo. http://www.myspace.com/downtownhighlifebicycle...
  4. BLASTER

'65 Cosmic Flyer

I worked a deal where I acquired this '65 (?) Western Flyer, Cosmic Flyer for nuttin' out of pocket. I'm guessing it's a '65 as per an ad I saw, but the link no longer works. Very complete, but the rust got pretty deep into the chrome. Don't think steel wool and metal polish will do. Wheels...
  5. BLASTER

My Gray Klunker

Just got back from the ice-house on this bike where I picked up a delicious RedBull. I like 'em klean and simple. I like the sound it makes with these tires.....VVRRRRRRRRRR... Pocket Pistol Skateboards rule! ...and don't mess with the 50 caliber frame. 8) Later model fork. Forced into...
  6. BLASTER

Fun with Centurions

I acquired this late '80 Centurion from my bro-in-law recently. It was my sisters and it didn't get ridden much...hanging on a wall for a long time in a dry garage. Very good condition and quality...chromo tubing....Japanese made. The pink and the totally rad graphics had to go. I quickly...
  7. BLASTER

My Gray Klunker

Hi again! I had the itch to do a bike of this style and then I ran across this build-off. Decided to just give one of my current bikes, My gray bike, a make-over. I have a lead on a pre-war Roadmaster, which may be a more appropriate frame, but it's a little out of my budget for just wanting...
  8. BLASTER

Wifee's Roadmaster remdeling

My wifee didn't like the way her bike looked, but didn't want a new one. She just wanted her old one repainted. I would have gladly bought her something fresh as opposed to spending my last two day off re-doing this thing. '80s Roadmaster. This must be the luckiest bike around....lucky it wasn't...
  9. BLASTER

PAU OPER

I had a really great time building this bike. Most of it was done on a week of vacation that I had a while back...when the rest of the family was not on vacation..hahahaha. Couldn't think of a sweeter way to spend my time...at the time. It rides great. I've been rolling it daily. I'd like to...
  10. BLASTER

My Madwagon

Here's probably my best riding, most modern bike. It was being closed out at a local sporting goods store about six years ago. Not enough speeds for mainstream America I guess. I paid $80 brand new! I remember seeing it there months earlier for several hundred bucks and I thought it looked...
  11. BLASTER

Fat Frank question

Hi! Will a 26 x 2.35 Schwalbe Fat Frank have clearance issues on your typical, random, later model cantilever frame? ...like my PAU OPER heap? Any experiences? I want some cream colored ones. 8)
  12. BLASTER

The PAU OPER - A work bike on vacation

Running a little behind here. I'm throwing my recently acquired PAU OPER, retired, work-bike into the ring. Some of you guys look like y'all are almost done....with several page threads. Not too late to enter is it? Last night, while I finally had a chance to take it apart, I had a good...
  13. BLASTER

PAU OPER

I don't know what it means yet but I have clues and I will find out. I have a general idea about what the bike is already . Just don't know what the "PAU OPER(rations?)" means exactly. Lots of goodies at this place. I'll write about it too, soon. Not too old, but it has had a hard life...
  14. BLASTER

Hot Rod Sears Roebuck

Here's a project me and my son did together about five summers ago, when he was 12. I think it came out pretty kool looking. We got a free, rusty frame with rear fender and chain guard...bent fork and bent front wheel. All one rust color. I pulled it down from it's hook and washed it today, so...
  15. BLASTER

My first skip tooth

I've been working on this elderly lady in my 'hood for a couple or three weeks about acquiring this bike....I even took her some flowers! :lol: I've been aware of it for like seven years. I would drive by it everyday. It would disappear into foliage in the spring, then reappear in the Fall...
  16. BLASTER

Neglected chick bike

This thing followed me home tonight....in the trunk of our Oldsmobuick. Mid '70s? Sticker It does have this neato twist-grip, 5 spd shifter. Not much else that I'm really interested in. What would you guys do with a find like this? Seems pretty common. I don't think my wifee would be...
  17. BLASTER

'79-ish Raleigh Tourist

Here's my '79 Raleigh Tourist. My Dad bought it new in '79. The 3-speed, Sturmey-Archer hub is stamped as a '76. My Dad rolled it around the 'hood casually for a few years, then it sat in his garage forever...until like eight years ago when I bought my current house and had space to give it a...
  18. BLASTER

My gray bike

This is my bike that probably most fits what's going on, on this site....I'm thinkin'. This was just after I'd finished it like five years ago. At this point I had pretty much zero dollars in it aside from pedals, pointy hand grips and brake shoes. Primer gray and clear enamel rattle can. I...
  19. BLASTER

Hola from SoTex

This is a very inspiring website! Right on. I thought I was pretty alone when it came to this hobby/craft. Hi, I'm Louis from San Antonio, Texas. Here's my current fleet. It's been the same for several years now. Only a couple are kustoms...not sure they're "Rat". I'd like to write up some...
Back