Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. johnny nightwolf

BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

For real, please don't strip that bike. It looks like the paint is still in pretty decent shape for a survivor. If you really, 100% want a chrome bike, sell the Redline and use the cash to get one.
  2. johnny nightwolf

92/93 S&M Challenger

I'll take that as a compliment for sure. 8) Those Dirt Bike decals are so cool. They just reissued the lowrider style ones, hopefully those will be next (after the Challenger ones I need!) They'd look great on one of the newer 24" DB frames.
  3. johnny nightwolf

92/93 S&M Challenger

This is my 1st gen S&M Challenger. I picked up the frame and fork from another forum, and used parts from here and there to build the race bike I would've built in the early/mid 90s if I could've afforded it. It's not quite era correct, but it's close enough for me, all the parts are late 80s...
  4. johnny nightwolf

BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Thanks! I loved the look of this thing when it had the Perfect 10s on it, but those things are huge! I could never get used to riding them, they made the bike handle like a boat. I'm gonna use them on an Eastern Reaper that's a little too small for me, see if they make it a little roomier for...
  5. johnny nightwolf

BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Hey! I haven't posted on here for quite a while, but I still lurk pretty regularly! I moved into an apartment and had to put most of my bikes in storage, so I haven't had much to post in the way of rat rods. I have a few bikes in my apartment still, mainly BMX stuff since it's what I ride...
  6. johnny nightwolf

BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Figured I'd throw up a few pics of my Liquor since I've changed out a couple parts in the last year or 2. Biggest differences since the old photos I had up here are that now it's got S&M Perfect 10 bars, a Primo 330mm post, an FBM slim pivotal seat, Odyssey Jim Cielencki magnesium pedals and...
  7. johnny nightwolf

Show Your Muscle Bikes

That Manta Ray is beautiful!!!!
  8. johnny nightwolf

Show us them cars!

Haha! I'm from upstate NY originally, so I know all about rust damage...
  9. johnny nightwolf

Show us them cars!

Thanks! I gotta say, yours is one of the nicest I've seen. My bumpside is staying like it is for now. I'd consider painting it, but it has a shotgun hole in the passenger door that I don't want to mess with, because I think it adds too much to the truck. The previous owner already rebuilt...
  10. johnny nightwolf

Show us them cars!

I picked up this old truck last week. So far it's a blast.
  11. johnny nightwolf

My new DJ bike!

Which specialized do you have? I was looking at the P2, but I'm not crazy about aluminum frames. I know they make a chromoly one, but I ended up finding the Eastern with Argyle 318s for a few hundred less than the LBS was selling the P2 with DJ3s. I did like the geometry of the Specialized...
  12. johnny nightwolf

My new DJ bike!

I've had a few 24s, but I could never get into riding them. It's weird, I'm way more comfortable on a 20 than I ever was on a 24. I was a little nervous buying the Eastern because of that, but already I can tell, this is going to be my main ride for quite a while. They nailed the geometry so...
  13. johnny nightwolf

BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

That last picture does a pretty good job... That's about as mirror as mirror polish can get! Looks great!
  14. johnny nightwolf

My new DJ bike!

CCR, not a stupid question at all, I didn't even know you could get lhd MTB hubs until I saw this one, which was a big part of why I got the bike. I can't imagine it having much of a market, but I love how much easier it'll be to adapt my riding to a bigger bike. It looks like a lot of what's...
  15. johnny nightwolf

My new DJ bike!

CCR, it's for park riding. I grind on the right when I'm riding, and my Liquor OG is LHD, so I'm used to that kind of setup. The Night Train is pretty much a giant 20" bike, and it's set up for use as a DJ, street, or park bike, just like a lot of 20"s. I actually have a peg on the right side...
  16. johnny nightwolf

My new DJ bike!

I just got this yesterday, it's a 2010 Eastern Night Train. I've been looking to get into dirt jumping for a little while now, and I'd been doing some research and came across this complete for cheap. It was advertised as a color screwup. The forks weren't supposed to be purple, and it has a...
  17. johnny nightwolf

Pierce

I've honestly never seen a bike from that era that has made me stop what I was doing and drool like an idiot before. Until now. Now I want a Pierce. Bad. That is without a doubt the coolest bike I've seen in a long time.
  18. johnny nightwolf

"Fresh Find", "Junque Find", or just Junk?

That's definitely an 87 Mongoose Decade. The brake cable stops on the head tube are called "Gyro Tabs." That Spintech gyro stem is original to the bike. I traded a rusty spaceliner frame and fork for a complete blue Decade in nice shape with my boss at the shop I used to work at. Cool little...
  19. johnny nightwolf

WARNING Don't ever buy a Kronan

Wow, that's messed up! Glad you and your boy are alright. You should definitely find out who made those rims, and contact them too. That's a major hazard.
  20. johnny nightwolf

Name-That-REDLINE!-

That almost looks like someone set up an expert model to ride street. What's the top tube length on it?
Back