Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mootree

Coppertone February '64 Stingray find...

Here is a current pic, pulled the crank to swap the sprocket last weekend as I had forgotten about a lucky 7 sprocket I had sitting on a parts bike🤦‍♂️. Once I was in there, found that the crank was incorrect so I just stopped until I can pick up a correct crank.
  2. Mootree

It has a bit of fade on the top tube but I haven't even touched the paint. Schwinn chrome and paint quality never cease to amaze me. They come out of a slumber like no other.
  3. Mootree

Quick spit shine tonight😍. I honestly have no idea on the deluxe vs standard debate, many experts out there and I'm definitely not one of them lol.
  4. Mootree

Just south of the Iowa border in NW Missouri. Not planning to sell at the moment, going to enjoy this one for a while.
  5. Mootree

I was thinking it's a standard with fenders? Chain guard is what was pushing me that direction.
  6. Mootree

Been busy with life and haven't even been hunting bikes for a couple years and then this happened😳. Found this one 35 minutes from my front door. Still shocked, pictures are as I found it, haven't even touched it with the exception of removing the basket off of the front. The sprocket is a bit...
  7. Mootree

1984 Mongoose Californian

Been a while since I updated this thread. It's getting close, need a rear brake cable and eventually the spokes replaced. I love this bike... Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  8. Mootree

This is where I am now except the rear brakes are also mounted. Looks like I'm going to have to replace the spokes due to rust, rims are in good shape though, I think the blue rim tape is even usable.
  9. Mootree

Would this have had the staggered tire sizes? I've been to the end of the web and back and can't find the stock tire sizes. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  10. Mootree

Done for the night. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  11. Mootree

Had to get that spray paint off of the rear frame so I then started the cleaning process. These chromoly frames come back with such little effort. This thing is gonna shine like new. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  12. Mootree

They are not getting replaced now that I've had a chance to look them over, they look pretty good for 33 years old.
  13. Mootree

Picked this up today, mostly original except tires and seat, still has the reflectors and chain guard. Getting ready to tear it down and start cleaning. There will be a call made soon to Pork chop to get blue tires and seat, maybe a decal kit. Anyone know the stock tire size on these...
  14. Mootree

28" York single tube/New Departure axle nut

Bump Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  15. Mootree

Weinmann 810 adjustment on a '67 Schwinn Collegiate

Well, I got it as close as I could but I know that you can really get these outta wack if you don't know what you are doing. I told her to drop it by a bike shop and have them do the final adjustment. She was totally cool with that. This was in a barn for about 40 years and was pretty rough...
  16. Mootree

They are the original wheels, I did polish them up, thought about that, maybe I'll lightly scuff the surface a bit. Also the original pads but I just found a 71 Cotton Picker that had been hanging in a barn for 30 years and those pads still have great stopping power so I didn't think it was a...
  17. Mootree

I've been fixing this bike up for a friend and I'm finally down to small adjustments. I actually had a donor bike that I basically swapped everything over from after a good cleaning. Surprisingly, I got the derailleur set up and working but these .... brakes have me stumped. They are centered...
  18. Mootree

May of '71 Cotton Picker...Boom!

Don't have the time and space to break it down at the moment due to other projects but took some time today to give it a bath and do a bit of polishing. Schwinn chrome never ceases to amaze me. I stuck a new tube in the rear even though it's pretty much gone but now I can roll it around a lot...
  19. Mootree

I agree! I told the prior owner that he'd be surprised at what that chrome will look like but in his eyes, it needed a repaint and everything rechromed. The fork is a bit rough regarding the chrome but the rest will come around I think. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  20. Mootree

This bike showed up in a farm swap shop on Facebook today and a buddy thought it was something I might be interested in...ya think[emoji23]? I about died, less than two hours from my door. Been hanging in a barn for years, guy said his kids would have ruined it so he stuck it in the rafters...
Back