Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

Best go-cart tires for drifting

BMI sells complete rear axle kits. If you aren't interested in purchasing an entire kit, you could at least find out the right size parts in the list description. http://www.bmikarts.com/Drift-Trike-Axle-Kit-with-Tires-Rims-40-Chain_p_3306.html
  2. D

Hot Rod Truck

Was the trike build from years ago blue with a wood bed?
  3. D

My new build

I like the proportions with the 6" light, especially with the tape on the lens. It reminds me of a rally race car; which matches the rest of the bike; and gives the entire bike a beefy, racer look that is super tough. Awesome looking bike!
  4. D

Schwinn Meridian build

Thank you, sir! There's roughly an 1/8" between the brake hubs, brakes and sprockets mounted. Calipers will have space between each other; but bolting the lower mount will be kooky.
  5. D

Schwinn Spitfire Evo

Looks like an early ES engine. They are all labeled Subaru now. Great engines; smooth and quiet.
  6. D

My jc higgins trikeliner

Awesome. I love it!
  7. D

Schwinn Meridian build

Problem#2... Simple. Drill new holes! Here, I have already drilled the holes into the disks, and getting ready to drill matching holes into the sprocket. Schweet!!! I ordered the button head bolts from ebay in a not-so-common 5/8" length in a 1/4-28 fine thread bolt, but was sent 1/4-20s...
  8. D

Schwinn Meridian build

As far as the knockoff, I finally got around to filling the knockoff with Amazing Resin and casting the hurricane nuts into place. Interesting, the hubs on the rear wheels are not flat. They dome a little bit; maybe built that way, maybe spoke tension causes it; I'm not sure. The issue this...
  9. D

Slick daddy build

Dude. Are those skulls on the INSIDE of the chainguard?!? Nasty.
  10. D

Slick daddy build

So nice, I liked it twice!!!
  11. D

Schwinn Meridian build

To add, the final tubing/pipe size will be bigger. The top tube will be roughly 1-1/2" od (1" rigid alum). The lower will be either the same, or 3/4" rigid alum which is roughly 1.2" in od.
  12. D

Schwinn Meridian build

Been a bit on the broke side lately, and wanting to explore the possibility of mounting the disks inboard necessitated some funds. Parts are finally ordered, here's to hoping that it works. In the meantime, to provide a proof-of-concept (and a reason to show a picture, lol) of something I am...
  13. D

Cleveland Klunker. Finished

Btw, awesome choice on the pattern for the direction you are going in. Some of you guys building here leave no stone unturned; and that level of attention to detail is inspiring.
  14. D

10-4. I was interested in how well the home rigs work, but having a friend that does it certainly trumps that idea. That whole process still seems magical to me.
  15. D

Do you own your own setup, or having it done?
  16. D

Custom wheels

http://www.mcflybillet.com/home.php?cat=60
  17. D

Trying to find some brown pedals

One of those things I picked up from the paintball days. There are a bunch of videos of people dying with RIT dye on YouTube; taping off and making patterns, variations on color saturation, etc. A bunch of neat stuff.
  18. D

Trying to find some brown pedals

If you can find out what type of plastic the white bow pedals are made of, there is a chance you may be able to make them brown by boiling them in brown RIT dye and water. Or if you know someone who may have a set of white ones, and will allow you to test the pedal by marking it with a Sharpie...
  19. D

Schwinn Meridian build

Felt well enough to work on the trike today. First, I am going to try to do something a different to fit the knockoffs. That light bracket is just big enough that it is keeping the knockoff from setting flush against the hub. So it will be on the back burner while I work on some meat and...
  20. D

Trike guys...little help?

All of my rear end parts were purchased from Husky. The shipping is quick. Staton Inc. is awesome for oddball stuff. If you are close to Louisville, KY, there has been a Trailmate Desoto on Offer Up floating around for about a month for $75.
Back