Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Grenade

cruiser ID please

Thanks i was so hoping it was a Schwinn. Ive been looking at heaps of bikes online. Yes the frame and chain gauge look like Micargi but the mud guards and position of the mud guards stays look like a Huffy. I got a closer look it was originally yellow and the seat now painted white was black...
  2. Grenade

cruiser ID please

Hi Any one able to ID this bike I have seen for sale? Its in Australia but it might be an international brand?
  3. Grenade

Front brake suggestions please

Just some feedback, I contacted the company who make the Promax extenders they said they would not work going fro 26 to 24" rim. I found some clamp on extenders Identiti Rebate Rim Brake Adapters, that will fit my forks but they are in England and out of stock until end of September, So ill...
  4. Grenade

Ok Im not sure the Promax extenders wiil work, my new 24" rim is 50mm smaller in diameter to the older 26" rim therefore from wheel nut to rim the difference is 25mm yet the Promax extenders say they give 16mm therefore 9mm to short? Haave I worked this out correctly?
  5. Grenade

Those Amazon ones are $24 USD plus $27 USD postage to Australia comes to $76 Australian Dollars.
  6. Grenade

It ok I found em https://www.speedfx.com.au/promax-brake-extender https://www.speedfx.com.au/box-two-brake-extenders It also says.... " Depending on your application, they can be mounted in either one of two positions -- above the frame's v-brake mounts, or below "
  7. Grenade

Hey RustySprokets thats an awesome idea for those little doodads, where can I find them on the net? Any idea what they are called? The more I've searched into this, more potential issues come up. I never gave it a thought that if I only had a rear coaster brake if and its a big if the chain...
  8. Grenade

Thanks HuffnPuff
  9. Grenade

Thanks HuffnPuff I found both of those links today, it seems like shops have to sell them with two brakes, butthen can be ridden with one rear brake. Yeah I saw that about wheel reflectors during the day....unbelievable! Good news is I can now swap out my wheels :-)
  10. Grenade

The clamp on brake bosses sounds good I'll have to google them to see what they look like, with the drum brake I think I'd have to put in a new hub and maybe brackets on the forks I was hoping for something less costly to do. Im keen to read that UK post RustySprocket. HuffnPuff I'm in Perth in...
  11. Grenade

Hi I want to put 24" wheels on my bike, but my forks are for 26" wheels, as you can see in my pic the current brakes wont work. I want to keep the forks and use 24" wheels. Its the law here where I live to have front brakes. Any simple suggestions how I can do this?, I dont want to cut off the...
  12. Grenade

Electra Bicycle Pics

My Electra Mulholland 3i
  13. Grenade

Spoke length for new bigger hub in 24" Electra wheel

That Sheldon link looks good I quickly skimmed over it but I will need to spend a bit more time reading it in depth. I will try and email Electra again, as mentioned in my first post they never replied to my email a few weeks ago.
  14. Grenade

Thanks I've looked up the sapin calculator and also found heaps more other calculators but I'll go with the sapin one. I'm not sure about where to measure for the internal rim diameter it says eyelet to eyelet yet the fuzzy diagram looks like its from the end of the spoke nipple. I see that...
  15. Grenade

Hi In Australia we have to have front brakes. I emailed Electra about this as I thought they might already know, but I never got a reply. I'm hoping some one here has done this with Electra wheel. I would like to take a roller brake hub out of a 26" electra front wheel the pic with the brownish...
Back