Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/crusty.119345/ Back surgery hampered the snow riding but got out a bit today with the brace on for a few final photos. The local singletrack that I built this to cruise on is currently being destroyed to make a paved bike path extension. Because of the back brace...
  2. dropstep

ORBO Crusty

I’m in with this Hiawatha badged frame. Hopefully I can find a seatpost 😂why is it every time a build off starts my work area is a wreck. Been cleaning 3 years worth of greasy hardware because I seem to save it all. Both of the frames I currently have and like were partially stripped at some...
  3. dropstep

Dirty muscle.

I love having a banana seat bike in my stable and the bum lower back means no 20 inch stuff. Just happened to buy a bunch of bikes leading up to this! Frames of course Murray built, it was a crusty white when I got it but I started prepping it for shiny paint when I decided I preferred it...
  4. dropstep

Dirty muscle!

Name may change in the future, but mostly a spin on the fact I drove my wife’s mini van down 11 miles of dirt and gravel roads to pick up the bike lot this was in. This was one of the two frames in the photos I wanted! The full glory of what I unloaded at home. How it currently sits waiting...
  5. dropstep

Almost scrap

So today was last minute getting the brake lever mounted! But anyway it’s parts of 4 different ladies bikes, 2 20 inch forks and bad decisions with a buddy. It rides rather well if you’re careful on the pedal strikes! I failed to get the fender and cup holder done but I had to have it rideable...
  6. dropstep

Almost scrap

I purchased this last year because it was a 10 dollar springer. Even bent I couldn’t pass up on it. Loved the chain guard and fender color as well.I was riding last years class 2 bike and a friend told me we could do better. So I sent him this and he was in. We do have to line up a time to get...
  7. dropstep

Unoriginal

This is subject to use that one frame swap rule but currently think this weekends purchase Is what I want to build. 24 inch tornado, that I like the looks of I just need to see if the size will work. This is it currently because I hate Schwinn wheels and wanted to see if the fork was bent
  8. dropstep

Road Salt

Since having the baby has cut way back on my riding time I commute to work via bicycle. I don’t want to ride one of my current bikes in the salt and snow. Plus I really need a project to help with boredom. Decided on this huffy frame with the worst paint I’ve ever seen. I’m not picky about paint...
  9. dropstep

Last Chance BO17

One 50s throw away huffy with some cutting and welding, a set of cranbrook wheels and pedals and the worst banana seat I own. Made for a cool ride that people stare at. Mild by class 2 standards but the headtube angle needed laid back to make me keep it so here we are
  10. dropstep

Functional BO17

Well it’s lived up to it’s name. I’ve ridden it to work, I’ve ridden it for a lunch run and I’ve ridden it for fun. It’s nothing like what I had envisioned at the start but it rides fantastic. Todays ride with my sons and one of them a girlfriend. Only one son rode an old bike. My BO 16 bike And...
  11. dropstep

Last chance

Built this last year but wasn’t happy with how it turned out. I’ll get a current picture of it in the next few days but the plan is to hopefully get the back end a bit lower
  12. dropstep

Functional-rbbo17

I’ve been so hyped for this to start but had a busy may first. Anyway the plan here is a bike that I can ride anytime in any season. Can’t remember the brand but this is what I purchased last summer. I have always wanted a tank bike with the tank! Sold the wheels and stripped it down to the...
  13. dropstep

Klunkher- ORBO

Squeezed in a few photos today so I could get a finished post up. Between Covid and having a Baby I fell off at the end and didn’t paint some things it started life as a woman’s 53 spitfire that my wife hated. It was the 3rd vintage bike I ever purchased and always wanted to do something with...
  14. dropstep

Klunkher- orbo

So this woman’s 53 scwhinn was the first woman’s bike I purchased for my wife. She hated the patina so the paint process was started. Then I purchased this parts bike for it around the same time and she liked the color so she just rode it until her spaceliner was built So 4-5 years later I’m...
  15. dropstep

Because purple

not sure why but since I first seen this last year I had to have it. It’s so weird seeing a purple boys bike! Torn down and given a good scrub, I like the little bit of the original graphics that are left on it Trying out some rust remover on this crusty part. I’ve had good luck with it...
  16. dropstep

Skiptooth chain

So my son managed to turn his chain into a 2 peice chain. Looks like it broke then lost the master link so I’m short two links. Is eBay/used the only source of these chains now? He doesn’t want me to convert it because he thinks skiptooth is cool
  17. dropstep

Almost safe

Well it’s been being used as a pretty much daily rider for one of my sons. So we are calling it done the last 3 being the brand names on the bike. I had fun again this year!
  18. dropstep

What did I buy

Havnt found a serial number yet, but I’m curious as too what this is before I mess it up 🤣
  19. dropstep

Why not

This frame was originally my class one build but my wife hated the Amazon banana seat and I hated the stance of the bike with wheels. This is the frame (apparently I deleted the photos from class1) i I went out to use the shop at my former employers today and this happened. I think the frame...
  20. dropstep

Almost safe

I’m posting this from a hospital bed so it’s going to be a late start! I built my wife a spaceliner she loves too ride but I rarely ride mine. Goal this year is something she’s willing to ride that’s similar too last years bike I built. this was it when I brought-it home. Normally I wouldn’t...
Back