Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. EvilJohnny37

'65 Schwinn Traveler for the girlfriend!

Oh yeah, fork is bent. didn't realize it until after I had painted it because I had it stripped to nothing the day I found it :lol: Oh well. if she ever wants it a different color I suppose after its stripped i'll bend 'em back. RatRod: Your traveler is super sweet! the matching grips and...
  2. EvilJohnny37

'65 Schwinn Traveler for the girlfriend!

This was left at the dumpster behind my work and my girlfriend has been begging me for a pink bike. 1+1= happy girlfriend. This was also my first wheel lace up project! It had a 3 speed rear hub that was toast and she wanted a coaster brake, so I laced up a coaster hub to a 26x1 3/8 rim that...
  3. EvilJohnny37

ARISE! Sir Loin of Beef

PLEASE tell me where you found those tires!!
  4. EvilJohnny37

1963 Schwinn Racer "Plain and simple"

To the best of my knowledge they haven't produced that tire new since the mid nineties.. ebay maybe??
  5. EvilJohnny37

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! Stretch- Tires are 26x1.95 Specialized FatBoys and were bought brand new by my dad in the early mid 90's for a Schwinn Typhoon he built up. It was never rode until recently so the tires have very little wear on them. I thought they suited this build well...
  6. EvilJohnny37

ARISE! Sir Loin of Beef

simply gorgeous. I think we have a winner...
  7. EvilJohnny37

Kinda.. It was bare metal when I got it, so I threw that red on there to protect it. Then I kinda liked the color so I put one layer of clear on and it darkened it too much for my liking, so I started to sand it off. That's when I started getting drivetrain parts so I just started riding it and...
  8. EvilJohnny37

*** BILLET BULLET ***

The details on this bicycle are awesome! the more I look, the more I find! Very cool!
  9. EvilJohnny37

the King-Ray(added photo Aug. 01)

Re: the King-Ray I like this a LOT! You have my vote! Now I want to do a 24" ray.. the proportions just look right on this thing. It's a very well balanced bike and the color scheme is top notch. Absolutely awesome job!
  10. EvilJohnny37

Thanks Mark! It's a blast to ride. Gear ratio is pretty much perfect. Ej599- That means a lot coming from you seeing as how you have the absolute cooOOOooolest diamond frame build off bike!
  11. EvilJohnny37

Thanks guys! I can't believe I finished a build off bike... :lol:
  12. EvilJohnny37

Awesome! This is kind of my "take THAT!" to the fixie crowd. Fat 26's and a coaster brake and people STILL ask me if it's a fixed gear.. :lol:
  13. EvilJohnny37

The Late Starter

:shock: Whoa.. you must've been movin' to bend the front of THIS frame.. it's one heck of a sturdy front end. I'd be even more impressed if you were able to put a dent in the Duster. The only thing more solidly built than a schwinn bicycle frame from the 60's is a Mopar from the 60's.. I've got...
  14. EvilJohnny37

...Not really a rat...

You decided against the slender wooden decal'd fenders?? I thought those were soo cool when I first saw this bike! yours is nice and clean though. very sharp.
  15. EvilJohnny37

The Late Starter

Haha, I think you did, but no worries! Any damage done to the bike?
  16. EvilJohnny37

I got this frame from Kram and went from there! -The bottom bracket and headset were pieced together from throwaways at my work. Polished them up and looked like new. -Wheels and tires are off of my Typhoon. Tires are 90's era specialized fatboys. -Drive train was pieced together from spare bmx...
  17. EvilJohnny37

The Late Starter

FIN! I love these pedals! Most of the compliments are on the bars "Those look like clubmans!" The saddle is not that comfortable but it has that 'fast' look to it. This was a fun bike to build up. I used it as a commuter to work for a week and everyone there wanted to buy it from me. Little...
  18. EvilJohnny37

The Late Starter

The wheel set is off my 60's typhoon which is slowly being stripped to feed other projects, haha. it's just a standard 26" coaster brake set. The tires are 90's era Specialized FatBoys, which I guess were a street tire for mountain bikes. We carry the FatBoy at my work, but it's a 1.25 now...
  19. EvilJohnny37

The Late Starter

Couple mock up pics! Not sure I like the wheel set on there but it'll have to do until I find something more to my liking. On my way out the door to take some pics of it finished. have a complete drivetrain and grips and seat post clamp. Now I just need to find a place with enough light to...
  20. EvilJohnny37

The Late Starter

yeah i've pretty much decided it's going to have either 26's both front and rear or a 26 in the rear and a 27 in the front. no idea what style i'm going for yet.. so far, i have parts coming from my "extras" bin, an old exer-cycle and a briggs and stratton lawn edger from the sixties, haha...
Back