Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RobSmith

Finished Felt Speedway 2-SP today

Barn Find in December '23... and now it's done - to OEM specs, except for the BB, crank stuffs and chain - which had to be upgraded. Thanks to: -Paul Scott for the bars -Pedal Driven (LBS - Sanford, FL) for the BB/Cranks stuff -ijt64 (ebay) for the grips -Amazon for the rattlecan Brick Red...
  2. RobSmith

Speedway back from the LBS, getting a new bottom end

Took the frame to the LBS to have them figure out how to put in new bottom bracket bearings, after some research, they decided it would be better in the long run to replace the entire bottom bracket, crank arms and chainwheel. Now the frame is back so it was time to go to the paintshop. Well...
  3. RobSmith

FOUND "Down on the Upside" Felt handlebars

These came on a few of the Felt fatbikes from 2015-2017. I have a Speedway that I'm trying to restore. Also, if anyone has a pretty good replacement idea, I'm open to suggestions -Thanks
  4. RobSmith

Barn find - If you know, you know...

Hey guys! I just managed to find this bike -the day after "World Domination By FatBike" Day. Barn find, had to drive 2 hours to pick it up, and it's really not in bad shape.
  5. RobSmith

Needed: Speedway/Track style handlebars.

Hey guys, Just bought a Felt El Guapo (Monster edition), and I'm looking to change out the bars for something akin to those on a Speedway (see pic). If you have anything laying around that you think would work, let me know and send a pic! Thanks, Rob
  6. RobSmith

Was wanted: Felt Speedway

Update: I found a Felt Monster (ElGuapo) bike locally. It'll do. Cheers! Rob Hey guys. I have a Felt El Nino, but now find the Need for Speed(way). Obviously, they haven't been sold since '17 - but I'm hoping one of you guys will have one and be willing to sell it. Rob
  7. RobSmith

Gripping changes to the El Niño...

Just decided to "make" better grips for my fat bike. Had some 550 cord laying around, and going with the mantra of "If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is..." I just wrapped the 550 cord over the existing cloth grip tape...really tightly. Used an old method from my demo days when tying quad...
  8. RobSmith

Fair Weather Rat Rodder...

Hey, I'm Rob. I never even THOUGHT needing a rat rod, fat bike, or any other non-go fast bike...until I bought a single speed to ride the bike trail, and basically gave up my road bike (a super nice Basso frame with Campy components). So - I took the single speed (a $600 Mongoose grey thing)...
Back