Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mrs. link

Ro11fast or Go Home

Thanks!! That's my favorite part too!
  2. mrs. link

Ro11fast or Go Home

Thank you! I love the contrast and, yes, it is super fun to ride!
  3. mrs. link

Ro11fast or Go Home

Thanks! Me too! I was so nervous making decisions this whole build off but I actually love how it turned out. I learned SO much cool stuff too! I've never been the kind of girl to shy away at getting my hands dirty but I also have never built something like this before. Love learning new things.
  4. mrs. link

Ro11fast or Go Home

Thanks!! I had a blast and love how it turned out. Funny story - the offset tires remind me of a purple sparkly bike I had as a little girl that my older brother butchered and put different size wheels on. I had to ride with a scooter wheel on the front hunched over for weeks before my mom...
  5. mrs. link

Ro11fast or Go Home

Thank you so much! This was too fun and building alongside my husband was the icing on the cake! Can't wait till the next build off. I already have ideas. . .
  6. mrs. link

Ro11fast or Go Home

Thanks a bunch!
  7. mrs. link

Ro11fast or Go Home

Thanks, I was kind of partial to the profile picture, but now that you mention it, the brick picture does showcase the bike much better.
  8. mrs. link

Ro11fast or Go Home ☆finished☆

I made it to the finish line, I'm actually done with my first build off bike. Thanks everyone for all your comments. I've had a blast.
  9. mrs. link

Ro11fast or Go Home

After months of work and some inconsistant posts (sorry), my first build off bike is finished. I had a blast! It was a lot of fun taking part in something that every year, I see bring so much happiness to my husband. Now I understand. Its been a lot of fun seeing all the builds progressing, and...
  10. mrs. link

Sorry for the absence folks, life gets away from you sometime. I've been waiting for a class date for OTS, didn't get picked up for the July class, likely won't get August either. There's a chance I'll make the class in September. If not I have to wait until January, next year. So this is what...
  11. mrs. link

My husband keeps bugging me to do a post so, our son's in bed so here goes. Not a lot of progress, but not a whole lot more left to do either. Today I got the 4 coats of satin clear sprayed, so sometime this week I should be able to start putting it all together. I still need to reupholster...
  12. mrs. link

Thanks for the comments, and lo and behold, I'm making a timely post. I got some more goodies in the mail over the past couple of days. Some nice old school red sparkle grips and a Mexican blanket or as they call them in Mexico, a blanket. I'm going to try my hand at upholstery, or at least...
  13. mrs. link

Sorry folks, I've been working on this bike, taking pictures and what not, just not posting anything. A full time job, a five year old, prepping myself for OTS, both physically and mentally (study, run, ride, read, repeat.), I'm a busy girl. So I'm going to hit you with all the my work from last...
  14. mrs. link

Saturday was a little welding and putting some stuff together to get an idea of where I'm heading with this build. Tried some stuff, got some ideas, have a good idea of a direction now. I think I'm going with a 24" rear wheel with a fat tire and a 26" up front with a skinnier tire, both...
  15. mrs. link

This is my first build off and my first build! I was recently accepted to the Air Force Officer Training School as an Intel officer which means all my prep time is now somewhat free time. I've watched my husband, Missing Link, build dozens of bikes over the years and am looking forward to...
Back