Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Before & After Pics

.... you guys are getting me motivated to restore more. Awesome work on here. This is a late 50's-early 60's J.C.Higgins Flight liner. I need to locate a headlight for it still and I busted the bearings on the crank today pedaling around. But pretty happy with it. Next is a 1960 Murray 16".
  2. J

What's up from Oregon

Finally got around to finishing the J.C.Higgins Flight liner, well almost. Still need a headlight and while taking my maiden voyage I blew a bearing in the crank. I attached an image of what the bike looked like before
  3. J

What's up from Oregon

Nice!. The Flightliner is currently disassembled and ready for sand blast. Two things I need are a expanded or exploded view of the front and rear hub assembly. Any info? Also I need the headlight. Other than that I hope to start paint this weekend
  4. J

Schwinn I'm looking at

I could use some help identifying a Schwinn. Add says dad bought it 20 years ago. Not sure if Schwinn was doing Re-pops then. The I.D. number he sent me is TY80100737. From what I found is this serial number is not a Chicago built bike. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
  5. J

What's up from Oregon

Thanks for the add. Here are a couple bikes I have picked up, restored or in process of restoring now
  6. J

Detailed Higgins serial number decoder?

The stamp on a Higgins I just grabbed is M.U.I.S.V Mod-502. 4584 179514 So what I gathered from above is that the MOD-502 is Murray built for Sears. But what about age? Any info would be great. Thanks
Back