Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. nugenhipsta

"the gentleman"

the evil poltergeist that made me take on too many projects at once...
  2. nugenhipsta

"the gentleman"

this is my newest project, on its way to fixed-gear stardom. posted in my infamous m.o. of "not finished". 80's "sturdee" road frame, cranks converted from cottered to 3-piece, 700c alloys with white/black vittoria tires. i got the seat from an old bike nut nearby. gearing will be 52-16...
  3. nugenhipsta

umm, the trashy higgins...

i got this fork off of a mountain bike. it fits, and the original headset cups have been installed...
  4. nugenhipsta

New Guy Here

indeed! we should eventually have a rat rod arizona meet, there's enough of us for 2 large pizzas!
  5. nugenhipsta

i dont really like the seat either, i just had it laying around for mock-up purposes. a guy i know around here has a few vintage hairpin saddles. i'll probably end up paying him a visit. about the headset-this is just a mock-up. notice it's presently without a crankset as well...
  6. nugenhipsta

Ratty Stiletto

good work allan, i like this one better than the stingray. just stay away from a motor and you'll be golden.
  7. nugenhipsta

most def. a work-in-progress. im leaving it bare metal/rust and spraying flat clearcoat. this could quite possibly be the rattiest bike ive ever built. questions/comments welcome.
  8. nugenhipsta

"the peanut butter wolf", my one and only...

im kind of fortunate that phoenix is pretty flat. i feel like the little engine that could going up steep hills, but on long straightaways i can hit 35+ mph.
  9. nugenhipsta

"the peanut butter wolf", my one and only...

every other bike ive ever built i have sold. ill never get rid of this one, its my baby. its a 1986 firenze gl5000 i picked up at a garage sale for $3. it was originally blue and a 10-speed. i painted it a color called sand, and converted it to singlespeed with 52/18 freewheel setup. the...
  10. nugenhipsta

call me donald, for i have trumped...

everything you see in these pictures for $38.00. came upon random bike nut having a garage sale. i havent been able to stay out of the garage for more then 20 minutes. questions/comments welcome. this is a vintage raleigh gran sport, time to get fixed! the seats were $3 each!!!
  11. nugenhipsta

my take on the buzz bike

this pic is from the day i picked up the frame/fork. i decided not to use the wcc wheels, the front didnt clear the fork and the axles need to be replaced- a job for some other time. and here it is now, with chrysler hemi orange paint. i tried to keep it as simple and sanitary as possible...
  12. nugenhipsta

you can't get much for 10 dollars...

update- except for a minor bead seat problem on the front tire, this thing is done...
  13. nugenhipsta

Another batch

i dont mean to hijack the thread, but i have a girls 20 inch centurion muscle bike that needs a few things- seat, stem, but comes with wheels and cool chrome shorty fenders. pm me if you want to see pics...
  14. nugenhipsta

it was a good morning.

the rear is fine, and only a tiny bit rubs on the front tire. ill take care of that with the angle grinder- not too much, just a little bit off the side...
  15. nugenhipsta

Another batch

if you, for whatever reason, dont end up using those mags, please consider selling them to me. i have a mag wheel fetish...
  16. nugenhipsta

it was a good morning.

sounds like a good plan. im actually thinking about using the banana seat on a straightbar higgins im building (i got the idea from seeing hooch's "stubby" in the gallery). i have another banana seat for the musclebike, its all squared off/ribbed, but it needs recovering. thats where brian...
  17. nugenhipsta

you can't get much for 10 dollars...

...but you can get a gently used columbia mixte roadie! craigslist catch of the day, will be singlespeed and ready to ride by the end of the week. the seat is so gangster i wanna kiss myself. i will post some after pics as well. questions/comments welcome.
  18. nugenhipsta

it was a good morning.

it's a 70's western flyer musclebike frame
  19. nugenhipsta

it was a good morning.

this western flyer musclebike frame, pretty much every part you see with it, PLUS the coaster brake 26's/tires in the background. all for $50. this is my very rough mock-up of the musclebike, resto will start tomorrow. questions/comments welcome.
  20. nugenhipsta

vintage raleigh record roadie

all steel, on its way to fixed-gear stardom. questions/comments welcome...
Back