Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

Silver Fox Trike

The finishing touches have been put on my latest trike and here she is, the Silver Fox: White wall tyres, chrome fenders, homebuilt electronics/ LED lights in chrome bullet housings, "Down Low Glow" amber tube and the fox hood ornament of course. ;) I'm considering etching...
  2. W

Gentlemen, I Present The Brass Lion

A wee bit of an update. I received a Down Low Glow light for Christmas and just had to try it on the Brass Lion. Check it out:
  3. W

The Hamburger Lady

Astounding!
  4. W

ironrat trike

Awesome trike! Now if only the wife would let me do something like that with her trike. hehe. She wouldn't because then she might not get it back.
  5. W

Yes, it is a motorcycle seat I bought on ebay for alot less than recumbent seats go for, and it's alot better looking. More comfortable than people often think too. So I'm very happy with the seat. I think it's a King Cobra style seat. Handmade in Italy. Period appropriate clothing ya say...
  6. W

3 bikes in 2 days

That last one is awfully Steampunk. 8)
  7. W

Bolt-on Madness!

Sweet ride!
  8. W

I like the white tires for show and that old timey feel, but I wanted some faster tires so I put 1.95 Primo Comets on the front and a 2.00 Schwalbe Big Apple on the rear:
  9. W

The trike has been making the rounds at Steampunk Workshop, Make Zine, Boingboing.net and Gizmodo! 8)
  10. W

Ghost in the Sun

Classic!
  11. W

Here's some photos of the brass carriage lamps lit up at twilight. Some video as well. No ride video- it was 99 degrees fahrenheit and very humid today, and will be for a few days. I'm not that hardcore. Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8238&hl=en It's a little dark...
  12. W

The Leaf Green - Chopper

That is some fine work!
  13. W

I /think/ that's a compliment. :D Thanks guys, now I'm going to hear the Munsters theme everywhere I go! Some guy said my welds looked like seagull ...., just like his. Ain't that the truth. :D
  14. W

So named for the lion hood ornament I found on ebay. I still haven't painted the rear rim and I may add a stick shift and front fenders, but I started this trike in February and it's now June so darnit I just want to ride. :) So I'm calling it done. In the near future more...
  15. W

Greetings All!

From Valley Forge. I've posted a few times but thought I'd get around to an intro. First time builder here, building a somewhat freaky tadpole trike. Tempting as it was to just clearcoat and call it done I just gotta paint it up. I already plan to build a delta trike (one wheel in front) next...
  16. W

Uses for old wheel reflectors

I've been considering trying to chop some up into little shapes with a dremel. Little circles, triangles etc to have maybe slightly more cool reflective bits somewhere. A reflective diamond shape inside a pinstrip design or something.
  17. W

post trike pictures

We just use head/ steering tubes from donor bikes, and they have a big fat half inch thick slab of metal with a hole drilled through it for the 14mm axles of the bmx wheels on the front. The half inch thick slab is itself two pieces of quarter inch plate welded together. In retrospect a couple...
  18. W

post trike pictures

Greetings. First time poster here. I had to de-lurk when I saw a thread requesting trike pictures since my son and I just built a tadpole trike (two wheels in front) from a chopped mtb, spare parts and alchemy. I'm liking it so far. Here's a Photobucket Gallery. It's our first build of any...
Back