Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. shacomm

RACKETTI (Coolest lil' girls cruiser in town.)

Really cool! And your lettering is strong! -- Stephen JerkyAficionado.com
  2. shacomm

Week and a bit Cargo Trike build. (BUILD DAY 3!)

Love It! cool build, great reason! This will get ridden. -- Stephen JerkyAficionado.com
  3. shacomm

Ernie & Dolly his and her's dumpster builds.

Thanks guys! The pallets are easy to put up and breakdown and the scrap piece of plywood is an easy drop cloth. These were fun projects... -- Stephen JerkyAficionado.com
  4. shacomm

Added the Camaro "Hotwheels" badges to the tank plate... I like to name my vehicles so the bikes were named after Ernie from My Three Sons and Ms Dolly Parton. This hobby feels addicting. :) -- Stephen JerkyAficionado.com
  5. shacomm

Got everything back together and took the bikes on a little cruise for Sunday brunch. The springer is riding great now... Since more useless accessories are fun... the flag pole and stern lamp are an old boat part. I mounted a wrench on the seat tube and I Finished off my tool bag with sterling...
  6. shacomm

Hot Rod Stylings

Very nice! My favorite road trip food is beef jerky. Read my reviews and tell me about your favorites on my blog at JerkyAficionado.com -- Stephen
  7. shacomm

Yes... I figured the dental bills or neurologist would be more expensive than fixing the forks correctly. Hopefully soon! My favorite road trip food is beef jerky. Read my reviews and tell me about your favorites on my blog at JerkyAficionado.com -- Stephen
  8. shacomm

I finished my tool barrel and tank plate. I left the straps natural so they will age on their own. Tried to die the body of the barrel to be a similar color to the seat/grips. For the Monark front end guys... take a look at the side shot thats a ladies front end with the longer fork tube. To...
  9. shacomm

Yes... at Lowes... My favorite road trip food is beef jerky. Read my reviews and tell me about your favorites on my blog at JerkyAficionado.com -- Stephen
  10. shacomm

Step 4 - Ebay, Swap Meet, Bike Shop This is where it becomes really clear that it cheaper to buy a bike at Wal/K... For the Mr. Black and Tan so I bought a Velo 'vintage' seat and matching grips, for the Mrs her seat was still pretty nice so we just got new grips that amazingly matched the paint...
  11. shacomm

Step 3 - Paint everything else that was rusty... We did a quick and dirty clean-up of the rims, sprockets and cranks. The Murray's rims were steel and lightly pitted. The Huffy has some narrow rims from some sort of road bike are are aluminum with stainless spokes! Steel wool on the rims, wire...
  12. shacomm

Step 2 Rattle Bomb Primer and Paint The color scheme for the Mrs bike was Valspar Nautical Satin and Valspar White Satin. For Mr Rustoleum Frame and Chasis Black. I started with a couple of coats of Rustoleum self-etching primer and finished both with color. DIY Pallet Spray Booth DIY...
  13. shacomm

A few months ago, my wife came home with a stray Murray bike that was a piece-meal collection of parts and said "lets start riding bikes together... it will be good for us." I quickly parked the bike on the side of the house and said "sure... I'll get a bike too and fix them up for us to ride"...
  14. shacomm

BBC 10 most beautiful bicycles

It's a cool list albeit from the bbc so there's a couple of hometown clunkers on the list. My favorite road trip food is beef jerky. Read my reviews and tell me about your favorites on my blog at JerkyAficionado.com -- Stephen
  15. shacomm

In the weeds (finished....maybe)

I love that drop! I'm not a huge fan of the modern stretch frame this design keeps the traditional frame lines. Great job! My favorite road trip food is beef jerky. Read my reviews and tell me about your favorites on my blog at JerkyAficionado.com -- Stephen
  16. shacomm

Hello from SoCal

Working on a couple of dumpster builds. Modern Murray and Huffy with a mix of old and new parts... My favorite road trip food is beef jerky. Read my reviews and tell me about your favorites at JerkyAficionado.com
Back