Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. briancustoms

A little Super Tanker inspiration goes a long way. PAINT 6/7

Thanks. It's really not difficult to ride at all. I rode 7 laps around one of the Twin Cities' lakes last night, stopping to stretch every two laps or so. In total that was a 20.93 mile ride according to one of the mileage information signs around the lake. I didn't feel any worse than if I...
  2. briancustoms

If you ask me, I look pretty darn good on just about anything. :roll: :mrgreen: Here's a sitting on it pic since I didn't have anyone to take a picture of me riding:
  3. briancustoms

Thanks guys! Here's a couple pictures taken in better lighting:
  4. briancustoms

Re: A little Super Tanker inspiration goes a long way. UPDT 5/31 Well, I finally pried myself off of riding Bruiser long enough to get it painted. :lol: I probably put 15 miles of riding on it during the build of it. :D Stripped down and ready for paint: And the finished product...
  5. briancustoms

MONO-SHOCK KUSTOM

Very cool! I'd throw some drop bars on it and keep it as sleek as possible. Looks like it will be a smooth rider.
  6. briancustoms

the singapore stretch

Re: chusan's trike project. "The Singapore Stretch" That's super similar to the idea I have for my girlfriend's trike, only I was thinking aluminum and diamond plating. :wink:
  7. briancustoms

rat rod chapter/state meet/ride/show/swap?????

So now that I see this post with a little more info in it, is this just going to be for older bikes? My new trike and Stingray Chopper will be frowned upon if I bring them?
  8. briancustoms

car cycle bicycle show minnesota.

Do you have a link or flyer or anything for the Penn Cycle show? I looked on their site and didn't see anything about it.
  9. briancustoms

As long as I'm not too hung over from the party the night before I think I will load the bikes up and bring them out. By the way, were you at Grand Ol' Days today? I think I saw a couple of your bikes getting walked through the crowd but couldn't get over to introduce myself and didn't want to...
  10. briancustoms

I saw a listing for the black mass car show that said there would be bicycles, but then in the list of categories and regulations for what would be allowed to show, there was no mention of bicycles anywhere. :( Oh well, how was the show? The 7th is going to be a party night for me, so I'll...
  11. briancustoms

Re: A little Super Tanker inspiration goes a long way. Updt 5/26 I made my gussets thursday after work and installed them last night, along with hiding the brake cable through the frame. Gussets: "Spot-welded" in place: Full view: At this point the bike is pretty much finished. I...
  12. briancustoms

the singapore stretch

Re: chusan's trike project. "The Singapore Stretch" Well, I'm about 220lbs, with my weight on the trike it stops me pretty decent when I'm cruising around town. If I'm coming down a hill at decent speeds it takes a little more planning and early speed control with it. So if you're just going...
  13. briancustoms

Re: A little Super Tanker inspiration goes a long way. Updt 5/26 New handlebars: Mapping out gussets:
  14. briancustoms

Re: A little Super Tanker inspiration goes a long way. Updt 5/26 That's a thought, but I had the bicycle seat laying around from my straightbar so I used it. I actually think a wider seatpan would look out of place on the frame, this one barely sticks out wider than the tire, so it doesn't...
  15. briancustoms

Re: A little Super Tanker inspiration goes a long way. Updt 5/26 It is the stock fork. The bottom triple tree bracket is easily adjustable with a 5mm allen wrench. On this model though, the top triple tree bracket actually caps off the fork tubes and bolts to the top of each tube. I moved...
  16. briancustoms

the singapore stretch

Re: chusan's trike project. "The Singapore Stretch" You're welcome. You can actually see the black spring inside the factory return spring in the picture of my brake.
  17. briancustoms

the singapore stretch

Re: chusan's trike project. "The Singapore Stretch" Looking great! Gonna keep an eye on this one as well. It's hard to tell in your pictures, but is that this brake? If so, all I did was make a handbrake lever for mine like this: All I had to do was weld a bolt to the frame with a spacer...
  18. briancustoms

Re: A little Super Tanker inspiration goes a long way. SEAT 5/22 Worked on her a little bit over the course of the weekend. Another shipment of ebay shocks came in Friday so I swapped the seat spring out for one with a little less spring rate so the seat moves a little more now. Slapped a...
  19. briancustoms

Re: A little Super Tanker inspiration goes a long way. I finally got my shock for the seat, so after another full night of working, got the seat mounted. I was hoping to have more than just a seat mounted, but it took longer than I expected. :roll: Mounting tubes/brackets: I used the...
  20. briancustoms

Since I first saw a picture of the Super Tanker I loved it, and then when I saw it was built from one of those ugly StingRay chopper things I loved it even more. :shock: Well, I got my hands on a StingRay chopper Monday and put it in the shed for a later day...... Thursday. :D After...
Back