Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

Michigan RatRodbikers Location List

I live in fashionable Ferndale.
  2. A

A slegon?!

Neat sled, where did you run across that? BTW Isn't the club plaque spelling off ? Maybe they meant the "Also MPH Club" Maybe it was some kids foundry class project.
  3. A

Some cool finds from a north west Michigan junkyard.

It was amazing and overwhelming how much stuff was there, most, like Boardtrack said, is pretty rough. It was a lot of fun looking around, pretty exhausting and there was a constant haze of mosquitos and poison ivy everywhere but even after 4 hours of looking around I feel like we just scratched...
  4. A

1967 Sears Fleetwood

I used one of those under bed storage boxes, it was about $17 at Home Depot, it's plastic with a lid, it holds 67 quarts(that's what it says on the sticker). I filled it with water and dumped the whole container of oxalic acid powder in it (12 oz) which cost $7 at my local Ace hardware, they...
  5. A

1967 Sears Fleetwood

I used oxalic acid and it worked really well unless the chrome is gone, then it leaves either a black mark that scrubs off with some fine scotchbrite or bare metal. Not much you can do if the chrome is bad but I would think that chainguard would have cleaned up better, maybe you should have...
  6. A

Columbia arch frame

You could resew it by hand (I resewed almost my whole horsehide biker jacket by hand) It probably wouldn't be too hard, the holes are there from the original thread which probably just rotted out. If you feel like taking on a project you could borrow my industrial sewing machine and try to get...
  7. A

Detroit Billetproof 09 pictures.

Nice job on the photos considering you were worried they wouldn't come out. Billetproof this year was pretty impressive, way bigger than previous years. By the way the red and primered 42 Willy's is Boardtrack fans Dad's car.
  8. A

Defying the law bicycle club video.

You can check out when and where Defying the Law rides by joining the group on MySpace or Facebook, then you will get an e-mail notification. I ride wih them too and it's a pretty nice group of people, it definitely isn't the spandex clad carbon fiber, who sets the fastest pace type group, it's...
  9. A

Art meets the recumbant.

It's funny the crank is actually where the horses , uh, crank would be. nice artwork though.
  10. A

This can't be good..

Considering Len knows a thing or two about jet cars maybe this is well engineered? It looks bizarre to me, I think it just is a flame thrower with an expansion chamber, I would be worried that once it runs low on fuel it could backflow and possibly become a bomb, it doesn't look especially...
  11. A

Saline Michigan bike show pics.

What no pictures of your new purchase? I don't know, it looks like that frame is more my size, I'll give you what you paid for it.
  12. A

Elgin parts search. Need help.

Oops I mean 4 star (my Moped is a General 5 Star) check it out here http://www.thecabe.com/arc/prewarballoo ... 0Star.jpg/
  13. A

Elgin parts search. Need help.

Some Elgin's were also branded Mercury, I was trying to buy a similar Elgin to what you bought and I did some research and it turned out to be a an Elgin 5 Star.
  14. A

TALK ABOUT RANDOM!

That's really cool. I was stoked when I was looking through some of my old stuff at my Parents house and I came across a Cook Brothers seatpost.
  15. A

Cyclone boardtrack build.

Hey Dave, I think you could build a Blackhawk tank, get some flat stock and beadroll the profile on flat stock and cut along the fillet that was beadrolled and then build a box, that way you would get the inset and a nice fillet around the edge like it was stamped, just an idea.
  16. A

Rat Bike News Magazine wants you!

I agree with some of the others, I like the 1st and 3rd. I think the whole Iron cross thing has been overdone. I think the first one would look cooler if the striping was more of a vibrant color, it looks kind of pink and I think it would look better a bright red. My 2 cents.
  17. A

My Adventure to the North American International Auto Show

I went and it was pretty lame, although I was impressed that the company I work for(Ford) had the nicest display(in my opinion). Talking about car mishaps, my wife called me one day at work and says, "hey Alan I was driving your Ranger(with a 302) and I heard a loud bang when I was driving down...
  18. A

Vintage Murray price tag.

Gotta' love those old illustrations.
  19. A

My PK Ripper circa 1984

I wish I had pictures of my Mongoose. In hindsite it would have been cool to have some movies of my friends and I doing some tricks back when we were young and fearless.
  20. A

Excelsior arch frame.

Looks great. Where did you snag that neat bike stand?
Back