Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. N

Question about 26 x 1 3/8 Wheels and 3-speed hub

3 speeds also, if your from canada Chaingang lowrider has three speed wheelsets on special right now, check em out, I know u probably already have.
  2. N

Question about 26 x 1 3/8 Wheels and 3-speed hub

sturmey archer I run three speeds on all my bikes, all sturmey archer 3 speeds, one has a coaster, the rest are free wheels, i have an old Shimano S3 , three speed also. I love sturmeys, they rock! one is a 28 hole , two are 36 and one is a 40, so yeah watch out, Michelin, schwalbe, wtb and a...
  3. N

The Goose

60 miles, I did 45 miles on monday, on my 3 speed camel back cruiser, it was on single track, fire roads and atv trail-swamp, it was great, most of the time I was ahead of my friend on his full suspension mountain bike and he couldn't beleive how i could ride an old 3 speed cruiser like that...
  4. N

Westport Rat

sweetness... man, the latest incarnation is totally sweet, I'd leave her like that, maybe lace in a 3 speed out back, but thats because I'm a Sturmey-Archer junkie, lol :mrgreen:
  5. N

the free schwinn...

Hooch, hey man, swet ride, looks alot like the Rollfast I'm turning into a clunker.. After seeing yours I'm kinda sais i painted it, yours looks burly! I took mine out for a spin on the rusty frame rims and parts and people were jumping outta my way, it was great they though tI was going to...
  6. N

Box store bikes, any experiance?

grease and your right, when there assembled they should put that grease in at the store, but these places also sell bike with flat tires, backwards forks, upside down bars, need i say more. I usually do my self a big favor, buy it in the box, save the assembly fee, and put it together right...
  7. N

BIKE PHOTO CONTEST IDEA

photos I'm in too!!!
  8. N

grease.. not putting in greasw saves the factory lots of money, thats ads up after a few hundred bikes!!!, you wouldnt sell a new car or motorbike bike without any grease , oil, or bad lo quality bearings would you? the frame are great, i even used t ofreeride on a cheap vietnamese made...
  9. N

soft threading Right on, I forgoy that one- to try to fight this i use lock washers behind all nuts and also stack as many nuts as i can aon a bolt to both protect the threads from damage from stumps, walls etc but to also spread out the stress a lil bit prolonging the life of the soft axles...
  10. N

walmart etc... ok, heres the skinny, the frames arent bad, they have good tires and some neat parts for the price. The problem is the chrome, it rust fast so buy a can of clear coat while your there, Huffy has a tendency to use cheap bearings and not LUBE them to save money, so just open...
  11. N

A new guy from Montreal canada

canadien members... any east coast chapters or clubs? i was thinking bout setting up a club since i hooked up so many friends with old bikes tha i rebuilt....
  12. N

Speedometer questions.....

ok, last one for this topic!!! took out my spare exercise bike speedo Triangular shaped thing, like an old cadet knock off!!! :D and on a whim tried the flex drive from my dremel tool, its ugly but works!!!!! if it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. N

one more thing, .... the speedo cable that was on the motor cycle would be long enough for a crazy long fork and fit in the drive for the bike speedo, if you wanted t do it that way, the cables are all over the junkyard, remember exercise bike s have them and usually the sprung seats are in...
  14. N

speedo i got a neat triagular one on my schwinn the cables are usually long enough for springers. This is where it gets fun... I found that drives from exercise bikes usually fit the big flanges but have short cables, I have a drive and cable from an exercise bike on my old CCM, it's clamped...
  15. N

Quieting a springer seat down

squeeky, I usually hit it with a hammer or brick for ten minutes, it it's the seat try that if springer I put brass washers between all contacts and lil chunks off old tube between the fender and fork struts. once again beat it to soften the spring a bit, once they break in they quiet down some...
  16. N

Rollfast and SCP bicycles...

SPC yes, the headbadge has a beaver on it !! I'll be posting pics as soon as the rain stops! isnt that the way it is, everytime you finish sanding n get ready to paint it rains?
  17. N

SPC, Yeah, i've never seen another SPC before, it is a nice metallic blue girls frame, twin top tubes with little v gusstes, really neat, darts and diamonds on forks and chainguard, looks like it was probably made by CC< for someone.
  18. N

Got a new project, late thirties 40's rollfast MOTOBIKE , all original excetp seat, tubes and tires. kewl faded rusty indian red and white cream,this is going to be my new Bomber project, I thjink they call em klunkers in the states, lol. the SCP looks like a late 50's girls CCM and i set...
  19. N

motorized bikes......

right on!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the link!!I checked it out - pretty neat stuff dude!. Before I was looking at simpson n' firebikes, I would love to get one of those 50 cc motors but cant seem to find em in canada..... Maybe I could get one shipped to Sault Michigan n get my bro to pick it up-...
  20. N

motorized bikes......

anyone ever build one, how did u do it????
Back