Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Headlight Lenses Sale. 4 for $25.00

Sale on lenses. 4 headlight lenses for $25.00 shipped. Taillight lenses are 4 for $30.00 shipped.
  2. S

Mens pedal blocks

$35 shipped each set of four, or $60 shipped for both sets.
  3. S

Rack needed

Need this rack in original black paint. Can have straight or curved braces.
  4. S

Roadmaster/Hawthorne light

Have seen these on Roadmaster and Hawthorne bicycles. Actual brand is a Seiss Space Beam. Great patina, I did not test. $65 shipped.
  5. S

Headlight Lenses

Lenses are $13 a piece shipped. Discounts available on multiple purchases. The bigger the order, the bigger the discount.
  6. S

Schwinn Pumpkin Light Lenses

Picture shows lenses uncut. Just trim and snap into your Schwinn headlight. $13 each or two for $22 shipped.
  7. S

Monark Train Light Lenses

$18 shipped. Perfect reproduction that pops right in place.
  8. S

Classic Bicycle News Bluebird Cover

This is our last issue of 2010 wchich is getting mailed out this week. Not only is this great Elgin Bluebird on the cover, but the back two pages feature an equally nice 38 (last year) Elgin Bluebird in full color as well. We also have some great articles and a preview of our upcoming Monark...
  9. S

Fat Rat Racer

They don't rub on rear stays, but are extremely close. Your wheels have to be very true. The fork legs rubbed just a bit so I filed themn just enough to clear. Thanks for all the positive comments!
  10. S

Fat Rat Racer

There is no name stamped on the light for ID. I picked it up at a swap meet several years ago. The tires are U.S. Royal Chain "checker sides". Swap meets are absolutely the best place to find parts for bike builds.
  11. S

Fat Rat Racer

I don't have any pics, but what I did was drill a new hole above the axle slot and then cut the slot to meet the new hole, then cut off the ends. This moved the wheel closer to the fork crown. The tire is now about 1/4" from the crown where it was about 1 1/2" before. It's a subtle...
  12. S

Fat Rat Racer

13. S

Fat Rat Racer

My first attempt at building a rat bike. I plucked a Schwinn Racer out of a pile of bikes in a woods a couple yrs ago and finally decided to make a rat bike out of it. I channeled the end of the fork legs to move the wheel closer to the fork crown for a more "race" look. Then I made a truss...
  14. S

Classic Bicycle News!!!

Our web site is up and running. http://www.classicbicyclenews.com/
  15. S

Classic Bicycle News!!!

There is a new newsletter for the vintage bicycle hobby! The first issue is due out in January and it's going to be great! Here is a forum link to a forum with more information and links. http://www.thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3590
  16. S

20" board tracker update

A while ago I posted pics of the 20" board tracker I am working on. I just added a couple items to it and thought I would post an up to date pic. I have an Indian head badge for it and pedals are on the way. The seat is a prewar NOS Persons and the light is a prewar Delta. The tires are NOS...
  17. S

Hermaphrodity...

Combined a boys and girls and really dig what I came up with. Just a few more minor details and it's ready to ride!
  18. S

Hibernation...

Very cool bike room Joe! What is that crusty ballooner you have there? Looks like an old Hawthorne or Roadmaster? Wall mounting a bike is a great way to free up space. Here are some links to pics of my den. http://www.antiquebikeparts.com/classic ... lete01.jpg...
  19. S

Have you ever wondered why......

Not to mention how hard boys are on their bikes in the first place. Not too many girls "ghost riding" their bikes, or jumping stumps and dirt piles. Mountain bikes got their start this way. A couple guys stripped ballon bikes down to frame, wheels, and preferably a springer fork. Then in my...
  20. S

Have you ever wondered why......

Also the reason for skirt guards. Girls' bikes had skirt lacing at the turn of the century and were later replaced with stamped steel skirt guards. After the fifties, the skirt guards went the way of the Poodle Skirt. Gee, come to think of it, I miss skirts, especially on a windy day... :P SB
Back