Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SwissGuy

SWB0 CobblestoneRat

Here we are after seven days of building the CobblestoneRat is done! And here's the feature that I kept hidden until now: As I plan to use this bike for the protest rides I participate, I wanted it to be able to carry a flag. Here it is in full Swiss guy mode Again it was a big pleasure to...
  2. SwissGuy

SWB0 Countdown please?!?

Could some setup a countdown???
  3. SwissGuy

SWB0 CobblestoneRat - Done, but still getting little upgrades... ;-)

As some might remember I last year acquired a cruiser frame and with a donor frame came a suspension fork. I intended to build up a muscle trike with the frame and sell the fork. Just recently I changed my mind as I came along a set of cheap aluminum fenders to wich I had a matching rear...
  4. SwissGuy

Trizeps

That's what I have so far: I will head in this direction
  5. SwissGuy

SwingThatMuscle

My dear fellow RatRodders, may I present you ...a muscle bike with a twist or might I say with a swing? Anyway this bike twists and swings when ridden with a kids heart and makes almost everyone smile, especially the rider! So come and swing with me... The very first Swing Bikes were...
  6. SwissGuy

SwingThatMuscle (no welds SwingBike) done 👍

Hello from the Berlin Campground! This year I'll try my hands on a class 2 build, but for now without welding. This was my starting point today: One (partial) break down and four cuts with the hacksaw later it's was mockup time. First I tried the 26' front. Looks good but learning from...
  7. SwissGuy

Kirsch Special - Swing Bike Project (no welds so far)

I don't know how, but somehow I got drawn into a SwingBike wormhole last night, that reached it's culminating point through various tube videos at this thread here: https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/swing-bike-gallery.31549/ It itched me that hard to build one of these that I went scoring the...
  8. SwissGuy

"铁猪 - Iron Pig"

Hi RatRodders. This is no actual build, but rather a blast from the past. This bike was built in 2015 but never documented here on RRB, but already made several guest appearances in other threads. As I use it a lot lately, I wanted to give it a place here on this site. So may I proudly present...
  9. SwissGuy

(never give up) Hope4muscle

As already announced, I'll continue to build up the muscle bike for my son from the summer BO. This is how far I got: Parts that will get added in near future: (Handlebar is already on, sissy comes from my first BO bike, the Barrel banana) That's it so far, more to come...
  10. SwissGuy

Skinny'matic

Guten Morgen, fellow builders. This winter I'll try my luck on this frame: It was a donor and I got it for free. It will get the duomatic rear hub from this wheel set. And I'll most probably add a homemade disk to the rear. I will also add a few non bike parts to theme the bike
  11. SwissGuy

Hope4muscle - born in Japan growing muscle in Berlin 😉

Hello Folks! This time I'll build a bike for my son. After he saw what I did last year with the trike he also wanted a bike with an ape hanger and so I promised him to reconfigure his campground ride into a cool muscle bike. And I intend to keep that promise! Here's the pic of his bike I shot...
  12. SwissGuy

A-Frame Garden Shed built from preused wood and pallets

Originally I planned to do this during my summer break, but getting the building permits took longer than expected. I intend to build an a-frame garden Shed from used wood (buying all new wood would cost me a fortune at the moment...). This is how it will look: The right half of the front will...
  13. SwissGuy

Grip Shift into Breaklever Conversion

I'll gonna store that idea here for a future build...
  14. SwissGuy

Campground Buggy Trike

May I present you: the „Campground Buggy Trike“ The starting point: a black NSU ladies frame from the 50ties (bought in spring 2020) a Haverich therapy trike (bought in 2019) a baby buggy probably from the 50ties or 60ties (bought in 2016?, made it’s first appearance here on RRB in...
  15. SwissGuy

BO16 builders map - Go ahead and set your marker!

In one thread someone mentioned the idea of a builders map. I really like that idea, but I don't know how to set it up in a save way... Maybe it's possible to connect it to/build it into this forum? I know of one way to do but that would be completely public and anyone could enter his stuff into...
  16. SwissGuy

Campground Buggy Trike

5 days in and already 35 threads....! Although I will have a lot of stuff on my plate this summer, I'll try and join in for the fun. Last summer I bought this nice vintage NSU goose neck ladies frame: I was watching this beautie for a long time on the bay and finnally came out lucky. The year...
  17. SwissGuy

RatRodRower

Hi Guys! I was and still am not able to build a bike this summer/winter because of various reasons, covid beeing one of them... But feeling that I need to build SOMETHING and also be able to work off some tension and in the same time work out, I decided that it was time to start a new project...
  18. SwissGuy

ClearOut - from the basement to the campground back on the street

ClearOut started as a heap of frames and parts that needed to make way for other stuff in my basement storage compartment, hence the name. I took all that stuff with me to my caravan on the campground at the outskirts of Berlin. During my summer holidays I spent a week there with my kids and in...
  19. SwissGuy

Clear Out - lights done, so it's done...

Pushed myself finally to start a thread... I needed to make room in the basement for a recently acquired car top box, so I my two "project frames" needed to be moved somewhere else, hence the builds name... :wink1: So this was the perfect opportunity to get some (crappy-mobilephone-basement)...
  20. SwissGuy

The EggBeater - or - how to fold a bike without quantum mechanics

Hello my fellow builders. Sometimes live is happening and bikes are building themselves. This is one of this occasions. Originally I planned to build a trike with an egg-shaped front basket, hence all the egg-puns, but then my live really got complicated and the build went down a completely...
Back