Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SwissGuy

What have you been riding lately?

Cargo bikes are so cool to ride! The one big problem is maneuverability when not riding. There the 3-wheelers have a huge plus, when you can just lift up the rear end and turn the bike around. The 2-wheelers in the classic 20-front+26/28-back set up fail here big time, except the ones with...
  2. SwissGuy

Anybody sniffing BO 19 in the air?

👍🏻😉
  3. SwissGuy

Nope, my wife needs a decent campground ride. Working title so far is "OldLace"
  4. SwissGuy

As a proud member of the most important Bicycle Club, that is, I already got my next +1 waiting outside on my balcony... :wink1: Let's see what it becomes...
  5. SwissGuy

Cockpit shots only

That is the parking brake of the trike. It's from "Magura" But you could probably use it as a friction shifter as well.
  6. SwissGuy

I just ran it through the configurator on their site (I just HAD to know it). Without e-motor it would be around 3000 € with motor about 5000 € in a fairly basic configuration without all the fancy stuff (Rohloff Speedhub would cost another 1100 € alone...). I think this are very fair prices...
  7. SwissGuy

He's a friend of mine and had a lot of fun with his son and the daughter of another friend. An no, he didn't buy one but the mom of the little girl licked blood... 😁
  8. SwissGuy

Some more pictures from the bikes on display and also from some of the visitors Quite a few cargo bikes had a top AND a lower loading deck Here you can switch/take off the top deck with a quick release system and fold up the lower deck This tandem you can take apart for better transport...
  9. SwissGuy

Besides the folding, the crazy thing here is, that the saddle moves sideways, when you peddle. It was a bit like riding a swing bike, everything is moving... But the small wheels would be a problem on the cycle paths if Berlin... https://www.kwigglebike.com/ That was by far the heaviest bike I...
  10. SwissGuy

If had to choose one of my todays rides (and didn't have to worry about money) it would be the green iumentum at the top! I had a big grin on my face, when I brought it back! By far the best (cargo) bike I tried today!
  11. SwissGuy

That's the kwiggle. It's the smallest folding bike you can get. It actually fits in a hand luggage bag for the airplane. It takes getting use to but it's surprisingly easy to ride!
  12. SwissGuy

It looks great, but it was the worst ride of them all... Huge turn radius and I seem to simply I cannot get along with that tilt mechanisms...
  13. SwissGuy

As I have written over in my CobblestoneRat Build thread I spent the last two days at the VELO fair in Berlin Tempelhof. Yesterday a mainly looked at different bikes, checked out some specials and today I did loads of testriding, according to my tracking app it was around 11km on the...
  14. SwissGuy

Cockpit shots only

As I have written over in my CobblestoneRat Build thread I spent the last two days at the VELO fair in Berlin Tempelhof and let's put it like this: I took a few cockpit shots while testriding some of the bikes...
  15. SwissGuy

SWB0 CobblestoneRat - Done, but still getting little upgrades... ;-)

That blank spot next to the participants sticker was filled today. I think the rear fender locks good now But this sticker I got today is just perfect! I spent today at the yearly VELO bicycle fair at the Tempelhof airfield. That's were I got these stickers (and many more). I'll post a...
  16. SwissGuy

SWB0 CobblestoneRat - Done, but still getting little upgrades... ;-)

Got a bunch of stickers sent over the pond from @Chuy one or two already found a place to stick on...😉
  17. SwissGuy

A comfy ride for sure!🤣
  18. SwissGuy

Next build off………

I originally planned to sit the summer BO out this year, but then a friend sent me a hint and today I picked up this for free basically around the corner: And as my wife requested a better bike to move around on the campground, it seems a suitable ladies campground rat will be in the makings...
  19. SwissGuy

No need for apologies here. It says "What have you been riding lately?" I don't see any obligation in it that your ride needs to be a rat... (If I go through my older postings in this thread I even see ice skates and sleds...) 😉
  20. SwissGuy

ORBO Voting Off Road

Only 35 voters so far!?! That's less than build threads... 🤨 I think we could do better! Right? (especially with more then 500 views!)
Back