Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Bunbury

What about mtb tandems?

Here's my Santana Vision, purchased used in rough condition and had it powder coated:
  2. Bunbury

Got Mud?

Great photos, looks like a blast!
  3. Bunbury

Vintage parts

Hmm, I may have underestimated the brakes, they do seem to have decent value. I have a set of these levers on an old Trek and thought I'd replace them with some Tektros, maybe they'll pay for a set of TRPs instead :D
  4. Bunbury

Free Hercules Landed

Killer Herc Baron,looking very nice! I had a fully kitted out Hercules (fenders, chaincase, etc) as a kid, and it had an amazing repertoire of rattles and odd noises. I wonder how much more I would have liked it if I stripped it down like this...
  5. Bunbury

road bike forums

I don't know if it's the best, but Bikeforums is pretty good, and has an active classified section. You do have to purchase a membership ($12) to post a "for sale" thread.
  6. Bunbury

Vintage parts

The front freewheeling stuff is probably not too valuable, it was typically used on low end bikes. The DuraAce stuff has more value, but it's an early generation, and not quite as desirable as the later DuraAce components. Sorry that I can't offer actual estimates, I don't follow "collectible"...
  7. Bunbury

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Killer score tuga! The Cobra water bottle cage is probably worth $15...
  8. Bunbury

Silly Folders

Very cool finds! The Raleigh Twenties are getting really popular again, you might be able to get a few hundred for one in nice shape like that.
  9. Bunbury

FreakBike Nation Forum

The layout of the splash page looks new to me, but I have the forum bookmarked and usually go there directly. The forum layout looks the same.
  10. Bunbury

FreakBike Nation Forum

And not a second too late - Junkman just uploaded some photos from last Saturday's Hollywood beach ride. We picked up a photogenic new recruit along the way. Thanks for sorting that out Chainsaw!
  11. Bunbury

Sand Blaster

I used a big cardboard box and some plastic sheeting to make a temporary blast cabinet for a frame, it was good enough for a one-time use but I still had plenty of sand in my ears. FYI - the gloves on my Harbor Freight blast cabinet melted after a few years, but the replacement gloves they sell...
  12. Bunbury

Sand Blaster

On top with the door open? You can do it, as long as you don't mind getting blasting medium in every orifice on your body. :D
  13. Bunbury

76 Yamaha

Very cool score! Would you describe the ride as "sproingy?"
  14. Bunbury

3 Bike Question

Pretty difficult to tell without seeing them. I don't think any are particularly valuable, but I've always had more luck reselling road bikes than balloon tire cruisers. The Huffy sounds the least interesting, and Vista can be a mixed bag (they made a few nice road bikes, but that doesn't sound...
  15. Bunbury

My 1989 Specialized Rockhopper City Bike

I know where at least one of them went :D Mine is a 1990 with really wrecked paint, and I was using it as a commuter until recently. It will be going back to offroad duty soon. Outstanding work on your restoration RestoRodSchwinn!!
  16. Bunbury

Post Pics Of Your Tandem Bike

I've got a battered old Colombia Twosome in pieces a corner somewhere, will probably get it back together some day. This is my Santana right after I had it powdercoated, it's a blast to ride.
  17. Bunbury

Union Strano

Really cool, I'd love to try it! Isn't there a little problem with toe overlap though?
  18. Bunbury

60's Hercules 10 speed

Very cool, I love those English bikes! That bike reminds me of a Royal Scot that I found a while back, it had the same crank set (I nearly bought it for that alone.) Are those Schwalbe tires?
  19. Bunbury

New guy in SWFL (South west Florida)

Welcome aboard neighbor :D
  20. Bunbury

Newbie in DFW

Welcome Logan! It looks like you've got a thing for 3-speeds, they're lots of fun...
Back