Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. cthomps

Double Nickle

Well after starting a month late, and taking about a month on some unexpected, but needed bike shop renovations I am going to respectfully resign from this build. I have allot of money tied up in this bike, don't want to rush it to make a deadline, and also don't want to be too far along to...
  2. cthomps

Double Nickle

Tires on it. Truss rods and cables next. Still on the hunt for that one axle bolt I lost! Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
  3. cthomps

Double Nickle

Had to weld a tab in the fork to mount the front fender. Drilled a new hole to mount the rear fender. Swapped to a normal stem, I have some tinkering to do for the Torrington to actually work Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
  4. cthomps

Double Nickle

Completely gutted it today. Found the pedals I want to use Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
  5. cthomps

Double Nickle

A buddy of mine had them built for his tandem, so the have some heavy spokes. Aluminum hoops are nice and light Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
  6. cthomps

Double Nickle

The parts collection is all of my "expensive" stuff thrown into one bike that I will probably never sell, half because I never sell bikes, the other half because I'll never get what it's worth out of it! Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
  7. cthomps

Double Nickle

Switched fenders. The first set of SD fenders had stock braces and wouldn't work without some sort of modification so switched to a set that had already had modified braces Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
  8. cthomps

Double Nickle

Original plan was to take the truss fork off my rocket, but decided to make a set of trusses for a standard fork Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
  9. cthomps

Double Nickle

A month late but I'm in. 5 speed drum brakes Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
  10. cthomps

Cleveland Klunker

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  11. cthomps

Cleveland Klunker

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  12. cthomps

Cleveland Klunker

I started out with 2 junk frames and a Walmart doner bike Paint is Real Tree hydographics or dip over white Build thread http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/101622/ Thanks for looking Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  13. cthomps

Cleveland Klunker. Finished

Got a ride in and some mud on the tires. Shot some pictures heading to the finished section! Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  14. cthomps

I worked at the place that did it probably 15 years ago, he is all liquid base paint, I have been powdercoating now for a while, was a different swap back that's for sure. I did all the labor on it to keep the cost down Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  15. cthomps

Haha the secret is out! Yes hydographics. Remembered a few things that day, how long it has been since I have sprayed liquid paint, and how much labor in masking is involved! Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  16. cthomps

Thanks Luke Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  17. cthomps

Another little sneak peak Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  18. cthomps

I finally came up with a name. I'm not sure how to edit the post to it, but its Cleveland Klunker. I made ahead badge, using the original hawthorne badge as a basis but put my own little spin on it Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  19. cthomps

So it sits on its own 2 wheels and kick stand again. Got the brakes and derailers tuned in. Have to set the position of the handle bars and everything on them but after that and a good once over its done Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  20. cthomps

Thank you Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Back