Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sking1973

'62 Schwinn Hornet Fork Swap

I got a wild hair and decided to swap the forks on my '62 Hornet to a set of Rock Shox (sp) from an old Diamond Back mountain bike I had laying around. They actually fit, which surprised me. My issues arose when I went for a test ride. It seems to pull one way then the other. Could the fork swap...
  2. sking1973

Crazy Home-built Motorbike Deathride

Ha! No. I was so in awe that I didn't even look at the price tag. You would have to be a brave man to ride it I think.
  3. sking1973

Crazy Home-built Motorbike Deathride

Ran across this at a local flea market over the weekend. No real details about it. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.
  4. sking1973

Stingrays Only! (Early scramblers and hurricanes too!)

Re: Stingrays Only! My '03 Sting-Ray My Wife's Sting-Ray Fair Lady '07 BFK
  5. sking1973

16" Junior Convertible Cruiser

Hey! My 3 year old Daughter and I have been working on this little bike off and on for a couple of months. It's a Concord Casper convertible bicycle that a buddy picked up and I traded some bike work for. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before picks. It was originally red with a faded red...
  6. sking1973

Three piece crank removal

That's exactly how I was able to get them apart. I went ahead and pulled the bearings out to soak. The grease was hardened. I'm used to the cranks on old Schwinns and Huffys. Never worked with a crank like that before. The bike itself is a Concord kids convertible bike, 16".
  7. sking1973

A little more info. I guess this is a three piece cottered crank set. I will get a pic this evening of what I am working on. I just happened to think about it a bit ago while at work. I don't care if the whole thing comes out. I really just want to get the crank arms and sprocket off so...
  8. sking1973

I have a 16" kids bike that I am starting to work on for my 3 year old to ride next spring. It has a three piece crank and I am unfamiliar with removing the crank arms. Anyone able to give me some general advice to remove them?
  9. sking1973

1968 huffy rail

That's a good lookin' bike! :wink:
  10. sking1973

OLD SCHOOL ROADMASTER

Like this? I loved this bike and rode it hard. I've not seen a red '81 Pro Thunder on the web anywhere. That Roadmaster will look good cleaned up I think.
  11. sking1973

Repop Picker

I picked the springer up at Memory Lane Classics. When I purchased my several years ago, it was nearly as much as the bike was. Another alternative if you don't want to spend the $$ for a springer is to put a regular 20" wheel on the springer that came on the bike. This is my black Black...
  12. sking1973

Repop Picker

Here's my Green repop. These are a lot of cheap fun. I switched out the 20" springer with a 24." I like the ride a lot better. Doesn't feel like I'm going to go over the bars.
  13. sking1973

School Daze

14. sking1973

Front Hub Problem

Very cool. I will get a pic. The bike is an old AMC girls bike. Here's the link to my build. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9247
  15. sking1973

Anyone help with this truck

A little enhancement.
  16. sking1973

Front Hub Problem

After working on my wheel this evening, it looks like I have about all the issues that you guys have raised! First off, the diameter of the axle nuts that came with my replacement are too wide. They aren't actually tightening down on the bearings at all. So I dug up the original axle, got the...
  17. sking1973

Front Hub Problem

I'll check 'em. If nothing else, I will pull it apart, degrease/clean everything, and put it back together. The axle and bearings are brand new. I originally bought the bike for the wheels. The front axle was completely worn in two so the guy I bought it from gave me a new one still in the...
  18. sking1973

Front Hub Problem

Got a problem with the front hub on my wife's bicycle. Whenever we go out and ride, the axle and bearings gradually become loose. I've had the wheel off, tightened the bearing nuts down, put the wheel back on, and TIGHTENED the axle nuts. It still loosens. It's the weirdest thing and I've...
  19. sking1973

1 day, 2 free bikes.

I have used the wheelie bar. It took me awhile to construct out of an old sissy bar, fork struts, and skateboard parts, but I love the look of it.
  20. sking1973

1 day, 2 free bikes.

Looks great! I'm surprised those fenders shined up that well. They just don't chrome they way they used to. Those little Wally Rays make good projects. I got mine the black Friday they went on sale. Here it is now...
Back