Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. stephen

Troxel saddle with bracket riveted to underside of leather?

Thanks ozzmonaut and Wildcat, great info! :)))
  2. stephen

Troxel saddle with bracket riveted to underside of leather?

Any info on what the bracket might be for? I thought the obvious one would be licence plate but having looked through hundreds on ebay I can't find anything that would fit, mainly because the fixing point is between the rails. It had four raised spots which may be made to fit to something with...
  3. stephen

Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Thanks both, it's the Velo Orange version of a vintage French type.
  4. stephen

I bought an Archie Wilkinson cycle speedway frame and built it up into an everyday bike. Saddle is a Middlemores B3, NOS.
  5. stephen

This is mine, Pashley Guvnor by type with Pashley Clubman frame colour, singlespeed hub brakes and vintage Brown saddle. Converted old mountain bike, done a few years ago, so some rust.
  6. stephen

Street skinny cruiser thread!

Mine with 650x28a tyres and fixed gear.
  7. stephen

Is this Middlemore saddle rare?

People might find the Wikipedia page Middlemores Saddles of interest.
  8. stephen

Outskirtscustoms finds

That is a Middlemore B89, a later version due to the bag loops style.
  9. stephen

Is this Middlemore saddle rare?

This type of rear badge was used on Moultons, so that is one area that might generate interest for a buyer, but unfortunately they won't have the desirability of the leather hammock type.
  10. stephen

Anyone know anything about "deelite" appolo's/kuwaharas?

I heard trev deeley was from bromsgrove near birmingham, england and worked for bsa, then moved to canada to set up his business.
  11. stephen

Well, finally bought myself a crusier.. Flying Sue inside...

Why did Electra stop making such an amazing bike!!?
  12. stephen

Great! Hercules originated in my home town.
  13. stephen

Excellent! :)
  14. stephen

Great pictures on this thread, wish tyre sizes were mentioned more though. Mine are Schwalbe Delta Cruisers 650x35a.
  15. stephen

Finished cruiser rebuild, now 650a fixed/single

No that's ok, interesting thread :)
  16. stephen

Finished cruiser rebuild, now 650a fixed/single

Been riding it two weeks, got a picture up last night. Powder coated green, changed the wheels from mtb diameter to 650a so I can have narrow cream tyres, or whitewalls - and a bit more bb height is always nice for fixed. Ratio is 46x16. I put longest reach road caliper on the front, had to put...
  17. stephen

Single Speed to multi speed?

Thanks, I appreciate that. It's about gradually building up to it though, when I got back into cycling about 6 years ago I went on a 10 mile ride and it left me much more worn out than a 50 mile ride now!
  18. stephen

Stuck stem wedge

It changed automatically, maybe I should have said 'don't risk your donkey' :)
  19. stephen

Need a 19 or 20 tooth sprocket for my "bomber"

I assume they're all interchangeable, we've got a Shimano hub with Sturmey cog.
  20. stephen

Stuck stem wedge

If the thread matches but it's likely to be softer steel, don't risk your ...!
Back