Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Thoughts on riding long distance. Well, 20 miles.

There is a logic, but it doesn't work out completely because if you're going to be competing you need to be 100% familiar with the bike you're using and how to handle it if you want to get 100% out of it. So training on some old heavy bike can be detrimental. If you want to build more muscle -...
  2. M

Thoughts on riding long distance. Well, 20 miles.

I used to ride the 15 miles from Aurora Co. to Denver on a Western Flyer 3 speed every week. Way too many hills for a cruiser - but easy enough on a 3 speed if you don't mind having to grind up hills in low because of the weight.
  3. M

My dads childhood bikes?

The pictures of the blue one are too blurry to tell. Can you find a scanner or a better camera to get those pics?
  4. M

Western Flyer repop?

What you have is an Emory built repop, vs. the Columbia version.
  5. M

English Raleigh perhaps?

My guess would be Japanese. Probably an early Skyway/Bridgestone. Did it have an internal expander seatpost?
  6. M

Columbia men bike

He's right, the fenders are not original. American lightweight bicycles from this era are not particularly collectible. I've had a few columbia lightweights and paid between $5 and $70 for them. If it were cleaned up and tuned (grease repacked, new tires, brake pads, etc.), and you had a good...
  7. M

trying to find year of bike

You didn't use the proper address to get them to show up. 100_8112 by lspencer001, on Flickr Click on the "share" button over the photo on flickr, then click on the "grab html/bbcode" and get the bbcode and paste it here.
  8. M

I can't find a serial number. Where should I look?

If the number is on the drop out, it is going to be on the drop out, not on the inside of the chain stay. like so: Schwinn Serial Number and rear schock and mount by Zbigy2010, on Flickr If on the headtube: identification number by juco, on Flickr
  9. M

I believe columbia Rambler?? Any thoughts??

You're better without it - look at those bent forks :wink: (unless you have some forks laying around- I guess most of us do). I've bought and sold bikes in that condition for $5-$10.
  10. M

Very old, very different. What is it?

That type of 333 hub showed up around 1966/1967. It has the indicator with a little hole in it that you see the N through, the earlier 333 hubs had an exterior needle that you matched up with a line to set the Normal gear. Somebody recently posted pics of another Japanese roadster on this...
  11. M

Help ID a Hawthorne Please!

It looks like it is a Snyder built bike, probably late 1940s or early 1950s. I'm sure somebody will know more specifically.
  12. M

Western Flyer(58-59?)

Early 1960s Murray. The T in the serial may indicate 1961. The X indicates it was sold under a brand other than Murray.
  13. M

Unsure

The serial number indicates 1950, and that seems right to me. The bottom bracket bearings are not original (they would have had a dust cap) so the crank is also likely not original. But the frame is definitely a Columbia.
  14. M

Bendix 2spd Blue band 28 hole

I believe the blue bands came out in 1964 and were available until 1969.
  15. M

Help Identifying Bike

Gold Crest was a branding Columbia used for a while in the late 1970s and the 1980s.
  16. M

knowledge?ideas?opinions?

None of your images work, but the M.O. on the rims would indicate Murray Ohio I'd think.
  17. M

Did anybody hear about "TIGER AMERICA" bike?

Bring us a picture. :wink:
  18. M

Ladies Hawthorne

The upside down badge is interesting... built on a friday afternoon guess.
  19. M

Royce J.C.Higgins?

J.C. Higgins was a Sears brand. If it is a lightweight bike it was probably made by Puch. Not british, but just as good.
  20. M

WHAT AM I BUYING?

Early AMF I think.
Back