Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. br549

Hercules Brewmeister

I'm using that to hold the driveway down at the moment. I rescued it from the crusher a few years ago, all I've done so far is swap out the suspension to '79 camaro front and rear, and it has a '71 buick 350. Was gonna chop it 4", haven't developed the jewels for that yet.
  2. br549

Hercules Brewmeister

had some spare time today post-xmas and did some work on my Hercules, a la Amsterdam. Dug out an old dynamo, it works! Added a chain guard, had some really cool clear (amber) cable housings. The thing that sucks is, it fell over and busted my sturmey grip shifter, so I gotta make do with the...
  3. br549

LONG forks, lets see them

my first rat, a few years ago, oh well, here it is again I have canabalized the cranks and headset for a denmark I'm building, still got the frame and forks, may make into a recumbant chopper?
  4. br549

AMF Build

that'd be cool with wooden crutch too! and do the seat up in a cast.
  5. br549

the Wiki Tiki

sweet. I'm gonna do somethin like that someday
  6. br549

Shop n Chop

or tank mount the speedo in the middle of the top tube of the frame, like a bobber, might be tricky though one thing I haven't seen yet is a Captain America chopper, like Easy Rider. I recall my cousin having an Evil Kneivel Bike back in the seventies, it was red white and blue, cool
  7. br549

Hercules Brewmeister

Finally got motivated on the Hercules today. My wife pointed me out to a cool website http://www.britishbicycle.com. Anyway, the more I tinkered with it, the more I wanted to make like a Dutch pub crawler, so here goes.... this is when I brought er home, nice brush on paint job painted it...
  8. br549

Huffy Techtra

Got the tires on, wheels trued up, somewhat. Rides ok, simplistic, single speed, 1 brake, probably not a keeper, but it was fun easy build... another huffy saved from the crusher!
  9. br549

Huffy Techtra

Got rid of the bull bars, and went with more of a comfort bar, painted it red to match, and used a white bmx brake lever with white brake cable, kinda throwback to the old Elsinore days of my youth...hahh..... I think I'll at least keep it a six speed, and go with the Canadian Cyclo-Kross...
  10. br549

Huffy Techtra

Robbed the chain ring off of a Schwinn pixie, nice number. If I make this a single gear, does that make it a Pixie Fixie?
  11. br549

King O' Lawn

maybe one of these...
  12. br549

King O' Lawn

Ok, I'm piqued, how much for the Conti, and can you post a pic? I'll send you a m.o.
  13. br549

Huffy Techtra

yeah, they're alumn rims with steel hubs, one broken spoke, too bad, single piece cranks, may use a bmx crank with removable sprocket, 26" alm rims, single speed with alm schwinn brake
  14. br549

King O' Lawn

15. br549

King O' Lawn

That snappin turtle rocks!!! I gotta get one of those! Who made those, what vintage? Looks like late 40's early 50's by the motor. The original Snapper factory is just down the street from me, they shut it down back in the late '80's, you can still see the outline of "Snapper" in the faded...
  16. br549

Huffy Techtra

One of my Scout Dads brought this over for the boys to rebuild. Not sure what vintage it is, but it's made in USA, nothing Chinese or Taiwan about it. Maybe mid-80's? Will probably make it a 6 speed straight bar commuter.
  17. br549

1951 Schwinn World Traveler

Tempe, I love ur wagon, got more pics? Is that a Dodge?
  18. br549

1951 Schwinn World Traveler

I love that rear cog, that inspires me to work on my hercules again. STEEL IS REAL!
  19. br549

King O' Lawn

Not exactly a rat rod bike, but definitely retro, rat rod mower, picked it up at a garage sale yesterday for $10, circa 1958? I think I've found a Briggs 6B rope pull for it.
  20. br549

Kombi-Klunker

Nice ride, always a fan of primer red, but don't hate on the mountain bikes, sometimes they make good donor bikes. I was at my lbs the other day and a couple came in to get a bike. The store owner was less than helpful, it always frustrates me to see the little guy lose a sale because of his...
Back