Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jadewombat

Mini-Radio Flyer Build--La Lagita

OK, don't do what I did mounting the front wheels where they are above. They wind up being to close to the center (tipsy) and I wound up doing some adjustments to get them about 3/8" closer to the front. The pink paint looks like poop and I couldn't figure out why. I did three coats and the...
  2. jadewombat

Punched a few speedholes in the brackets and got some welding done over the weekend
  3. jadewombat

About 5-10 minutes a day being put in the wagon now. Drilled a hole in the center of the pull knob for this cool button thingy, found some Chicago-themed stickers at Michael's, stained the seat back a couple of times, and used some liquid nails to install the knob and button.
  4. jadewombat

Slowly but surely. Put the luggage strap in across the rear and powder coat painted the pull handle. The pull handle is aluminum and didn't take the powder too well, but still somewhat textured and looks kinda cool.
  5. jadewombat

Drilled the holes and mounted the seat today. Also picked out a leather belt to hold down the luggage area.
  6. jadewombat

The wood for the seat I had to cut of course. I matched the curvature of the one corner with a cardboard template, filed the edges down, and cleaned up the whole thing to get it ready for dark wood staining.
  7. jadewombat

My daughter suggested a seat, which will be for a stuffed animal of course. I have some sort of wood and cork cap for the pull knob also. I put it on the lathe to shave the writing off the end of it, then flipped it around and opened it up a hair so it fits on the pull handle shaft now.
  8. jadewombat

I cut the aluminum pull handle and got out the bed liner for it. Will raid the steampunk bin of stuff next.
  9. jadewombat

Hi, I've done almost a dozen radio flyers over the years and most of them have been here on RRB. It's been about two years since I did my last one, but we have a newest little member of the family--my nephew's girl. Time to do a mini-radio flyer again. I bought this one on the ebays for $10...
  10. jadewombat

Radio Cabinet Rehab

Nice. I picked up a cabinet from the 1960s recently, put wheels on the bottom, and hooked my decks. Gonna make an inner structure that lifts up with the lid. My daughter loves it so far, spinning vinyl and scratching most of all.
  11. jadewombat

What to do with a wet speaker

It took quite a few Sundays, but I made a new cabinet for components from a Pioneer T100 speaker (after all, the speaker is only as good as the enclosure). It sounds awesome. All beautiful hardwood, airtight, and really brings the room together as a center channel.
  12. jadewombat

The Pedal Car, Wagon & Wheel Barrow Build Off

The smaller white wagon is from a previous build two years ago and being towed, I hope that doesn't count against me though. :grin:
  13. jadewombat

Finished up with all of the work on it. The last portion was getting the tow assembly for her other wagon welded and painted. Just need to add a sticker or two for her and I'll take some final pictures in daylight and post them.
  14. jadewombat

I riveted the seat in place. This is the down position when it hangs upright from the wall. Just one part left to do and we're done.
  15. jadewombat

I spent a little time on my lunch break today at work doing a swirl pattern in the bed liner with a metal brush and the drill press. Also drilled a few speed holes in the rear wheel c-channel section. This evening I hit the seat bottom and bed liner with metal polish to clean it up quite a...
  16. jadewombat

I cleaned up the inside of the tub today and clear-coated it. No more rusty, flaky paint coming off every time you touch it.
  17. jadewombat

On halloween when we took the wagon out the rear wheels were kicking out. I had tightened the heck out of the nuts on the studs, but hitting the bumps around the neighborhood was enough to knock them loose even on a short walk and make the rear end wander. I welded a cheap shelving c-channel...
  18. jadewombat

I pulled the front part off on the underside, cleaned it up, and powder coat painted it. Nice color.
  19. jadewombat

Yeah, if the wagon was for me I wouldn't paint it...but since it's for my daughter and she uses it we're gonna have to sand and at least clean up and clear coat inside the tub. The paint is flaking off inside and I just can't leave it that way indefinitely.
Back