Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. ChimeraCycle

Westfield what?

I'm at a loss on this one. No headbadge. Horizontal badge holes. Coffin skiptooth chaining leads me to believe Westfield. New departure model D. Deco stem. Thanks folks. I've been away for like 6 weeks, and this place is all different! Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  2. ChimeraCycle

Give me a good home

Huffy 20" muscle bike Like $100 +- shipping? Offers Trades I like everything from smalls to project frames, toc, vtg mtb, cruiser stuff. Sweet bare rims in 24 26 or 700. Anything bicycle related, print, art.. If you neeeeeed neeeeeed neeeeeeeeeed a bike for the build off, or this was...
  3. ChimeraCycle

These are my bikes. I never realized there were so many.

Here we go. This pic list represents about 2/3 of my current projects. Some pics are from the day I got the bike, some are more recent. These are the only bikes here that are actually completed. They are all the result of someone needing a bike & asking me directly. I built these over the...
  4. ChimeraCycle

Help spreading stays.

How to spread my stays? Trying to stuff fat tires into an old frame. Can anyone recommend, possibly with a link, any single factory produced tool that I could use to get more space in the rear? I used a the park tool for lining up dropouts.. helped. But not quite the trick. Thanks in...
  5. ChimeraCycle

Anyone know anything about Schwinn bicycles?

Ok. What is the difference between a tornado and typhoon frame? Not the cantilever framed models, but the twin bar styled ones with two tubes running from head to rear stay. Did any of those frames come in 26" size? Thanks Lucas Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  6. ChimeraCycle

Hard bike to google

Not much for me to go on. New departure rear hub, peaked fenders, not a skip tooth.. "general" branded. I think I've seen a bike with a similar junction behind the bb & it was a Columbia..? The middle tube being Arrow straight looks like my jc higgins. I don't recognize the chaining or...
  7. ChimeraCycle

Id my new wheel??

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  8. ChimeraCycle

Stingrays I'm told.

Going to try and bmx this frame. They were both found in the same field. The first frame looks ok. The second frame is donked. Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  9. ChimeraCycle

Adaptaptable bikes & accessories.

I had a customer come in asking for training wheels...long story short. They are for a boy with autism who is 5', 140#. Hes bending everything they've tried. Any ideas on heavy duty training wheels or other options for around 20$? I never did ask what size the bike is, we got too busy taking...
  10. ChimeraCycle

Skip tooth ladies...? What?

Sorry about the pic. Big light on front fender. Cant get to bike. Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  11. ChimeraCycle

Don't mess with Mr. Tickle

Pile of random parts from last couple weeks. Some things will fit, some wont. Ive got orange cabling, 1 to 3 piece bb adaptor, mtb triple crank, vtg alloy pedals, power mad straps, ill find a rd hanger, gotta find big caliper brakes for the rear, im stoked the way it's falling together. New...
  12. ChimeraCycle

Schwinn Canti... Can you all fill in the rest?

Was told it was a '55. Seems reasonable, but... Rear hub us a hi-stop. Front hub is a " schwinn approved 1 80 " Whats that? Rides nice. Thanks for looking. Spray bomb is thick, but i like it for now. Bobbed fender is cool. My favorite part of the bike is where the chain isn't blue. But...
  13. ChimeraCycle

Reid Bikes

Anyone have any inf or experience with Reid bikes? They call themselves an affordable brand. We got in 4 Reid fat bikes. All mtb. The first one, an Ares, went from box to built in 20 mins flat. All welds are cleaned up amazing well. Weight is decent. Finish is great. Components are decent...
  14. ChimeraCycle

Big box twin bar

A boys bike with skirt guards... the folks at huffy have been watching us. Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  15. ChimeraCycle

Indian Scout

Need help figuring the year. Cant find refrence to cantilever scout frames anywhere. This one was fixed up using a schwinn at some point in the past, so its not at all original, although the paint is original, and mostly crust - free The rear is Shimano 333 (shudder). My first priority is...
  16. ChimeraCycle

Raleigh Rambler MX

So. What is it? Whats it worth? Just kidding. Its priceless. I would like some input on the year. Looks original, except for nasty ratty frame hack @ 6 way seat tube junction...and the front brake looks mightily like a period correct bike shop add-on. Love it. Works great which is good cause the...
  17. ChimeraCycle

When it rains it pours

More pics in the am.
  18. ChimeraCycle

Swing and a miss.

Been tracking this bike since spring. The fact hes commuting daily on it leads me to believe im one of a handfull of antique bike enthusiasts in this town. finally caught up with the guy. "All original". Original schwinn seat. Original weld boogers all over the bb. Original reflector on the...
  19. ChimeraCycle

Sidecar build

Got this thing from a friend of mine, This guy is a super professional motorcycle sidecar guy. He gets jobs like brand new Indians, and lots of prople bring their weird stuff to him for him to resto. (Marushio, zundap, jawa) He does excellent work. More of a real rider's resto than concourse...
  20. ChimeraCycle

Show me your bicycle sidecar!

I noticed them poping up in my feed recently. I got one last week myself. It comes along with an offer to motorize (probably chinese 50cc) and sidecarify a bike of my choice!! Ive got so many choices of bikes, I'm not even sure where to begin. Ha. I started to ramble, so I ctrl-x some stuff...
Back