Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

any one put 3" tire on a 4" wide rims? pics?

Thanks, yea those are just a pair of kkt rounds I bought for about 12 bux.
  2. L

any one put 3" tire on a 4" wide rims? pics?

Here's my bike with 2.3 inch tires stretched over 4 inch rims
  3. L

Leaf Spring Fork

I'm in!
  4. L

Beast Price Watch

The black beast for $159 is a good deal especially if you are looking for 4 inch wide fat wheels and a wide fork that will accept 4 inch wide wheels.. I cannot find any other source for those ispecific under $400 total.
  5. L

Loose headset on '80s BMX

I had that bike model new back in 1987. It came equipped with an oddesy Gyro from the factory.
  6. L

Found this Tricycle at Salvation Army for $20

Thanks I appreciate the help. Normally I would not repaint a classic bike, but the red spray paint on it was so bad I had to re-do it.
  7. L

Just got my trike framed blasted and powder coated. Also, I just noticed there is a serial number on the dropout. It must have been invisable under all the rattle can red paint. It reads: 14666 (I think)
  8. L

HBBC & RUFF CYCLES JOINS FORCES

This could be epic. Whenever I ride my Ruff Cycles Tango, I get stopped multiple times by people asking me where I got my bike. Right now, I think there are only two dealers in the USA that carry Ruff Cycles (The Cruiser Shop in Nor Cal, and Local Cycles in NJ). With HBBC, their distribution...
  9. L

HBBC & RUFF CYCLES JOINS FORCES

You do understand that Asia is comprised of multiple countries, not just China...right?
  10. L

Thanks for the help! I am starting to think that the head badge might not even be original to this trike. Reason being that there is red paint over spray on many areas of this bike, except the head badge. So I am thinking the previous owner rattled canned the bike, then added the head badge...
  11. L

Just to let you guys know, if you are in the Portland OR area, check out the big Salvation Army "family store" in Hiillsboro, OR. It seems that most of the entire Portland donations get sent there first. And the prices are very very reasonable. And you can still bargain down the price. I have...
  12. L

Here's a picture of the head badge and serial number on the bottom bracket. The paint was so thick that the serial number was not readable until I brushed some of the paint off. Any ideas of when this bike was built?
  13. L

The head badge says "Dayton - Huffman Dayton Bicycles, Ohio". It looks like it has been repainted though, as there are some over spray on some bolts. It doesn't use hollow hubs, rather it uses two front hubs and one coaster brake hub. And I know the handlebars/grips are not original to the...
  14. L

Felt Monster Energy Drink (El Guapo)

Is the 2014 Felt Monster Energy Drink bike (El Guapo) a good deal for $250 in new condition? I see some listed at $350+ on ebay but no actual sales. Also, what years were these in production and how were they given away as prizes? I can't seem to find any info on that. And does anyone know...
  15. L

Cherry Bomb

Oh yeah that os cool! I like the rear drop outs and the cup holder the best!
  16. L

Apes or No Apes????? Please help can't decide!

I like the apes!
  17. L

Project: El Cordito

Thanks guys! Yeah the chain line is also concerning me. I am going to tackle that issue this week. If worse comes to worse I might fab up some small bracket to push the top of the chain line down a bit.
  18. L

87 GT Performer rebuild

That's a great build thanks for sharing!! I had the same bike back in the day, but it was black/black. Ironically, I always wanted a Schwinn Predator EX but could never find one...but I did just recently and will be restoring it too.
  19. L

Project: El Cordito

Still in the build process, just partially assembled for fitment issues. Done: rear lowering brackets, bottom bracket relocation To Do: I plan to strip the paint, add a white/cream rim in the front, slick tires, bent back seatpost, 3 piece cranks, etc etc.
  20. L

how bout traditional hot rod bikes?

My interpretation...will be swapping out the front forks as well as new seat and grips.
Back