Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. ADVHOG

Wartime Shelby Middleweight??

I got this today off the eBay. All parts are blackout, paint looks shelby to me, no holes for a badge. Tires are 26 x 1.375. Any help?
  2. ADVHOG

You get what you pay for!!!

Less than 75 miles on a Chinese master link... This is why they are 10 for $1 free shipping!!
  3. ADVHOG

Stumped on Shelby Fork

Hello all. I am stumped. I'm trying to use a ladies Shelby fork on my men's Shelby frame. Of course the steer tube is longer than it needs to be. I need another 3/4 inches of thread. No big deal...I grab my trusty chinamart 1 - 24 tpi die...no dice! I measure...it's Definately 1 inch...
  4. ADVHOG

My Shelby Hiawatha build...done!

I have a ladies Shelby but I've been looking for a men's shelby for a while. I live 30 miles from Shelby, OH so I figure I should have one. A couple weeks ago I acquired a Gamble's Hiawatha frame, tank, and chainguard from the RR for sale section... It's been stripped down and painted black...
  5. ADVHOG

Dumpster Huffy

A friend found me a huffy frame, fork, bars, and fenders propped up against a dumpster. I've been working on a cruiser for my son to bar hop on. The parts are like new. One of the rear drop outs had opened up. A little hammer work closed it back up. I took apart a wheelset, cleaned the rims and...
  6. ADVHOG

'62 Schwinn Corvette "5 speed"

I don't want any hurt feelings so I'm not claiming this is a "real" 5 speed corvette. It was a 3 speed when it left the schwinn factory. I got it as a frame, forks, neck, and chainguard. I looked at it hanging in the rafters for a couple of years and two summers ago I stripped a girls MTN bike...
  7. ADVHOG

Schwinn Corvette, Pixie, and a Columbia

My neighbor asked me if I wanted some old bikes. He said free but I didn't feel comfortable on the Corvette, so I gave up some cash for that one. The Schwinn is either a '54 or '56 according to the serial number site. It says they duplicated that number. Here they were the way I dragged them...
  8. ADVHOG

(MBBO#05 Class 1) Tissue Damage - Sears Spyder

I started with a much neglected 24 inch, 5 speed spyder... Lots of scrubbing, painting, grease, sweat, and a few new parts...
  9. ADVHOG

'55 Rollfast Rat - now with more tank

I aquired a 55 rollfast frame out of the for sale section a while back - Thanks bikedudeomaha! I love the frame and wanted to build a rat rider. I had a Samco fork and a slightly older girls rollie as a donor. It was complete but someone painted the fenders blue and all the chrome silver. I did...
  10. ADVHOG

REDUCED NOS Banana Seat w/hardware

If you still need a seat for your musclebike, here's one! I don't know who made this but it's new in the plastic. Comes with seat guts and hardware for the sissy bar, screws and clamps! It measures 16 inches long. Now $18 shipped!
  11. ADVHOG

a bike's soul

I got to thinking...might have been over adult beverages...which component of an old bike contains it's "soul"? It's probably the frame, but maybe forks too, and Definately a tank if it had one. When I see bikes split up on the ebay it makes me sad that it's soul is forever crushed. Maybe I...
  12. ADVHOG

Cleveland Welding Roadmaster

I drove two hours this morning for this mostly original, second owner 24 inch Roadmaster. The seat is a newer persons seat but the rest seams good. The patina is perfect. Looked like this when I got it home... A little torch and a different seat get me here...
  13. ADVHOG

Cleveland welding bike?

I bought this frame years ago and was told it was monark. I knew less then than I do now (still not much!) but I don't believe it to be monark. The frame, chainguard, rack, seat and chain ring and crank all came together. Everything else I threw on it. What do you guys think?
  14. ADVHOG

'47 Firestone Super Cruiser

Here's a couple of pics of my '47 Monark Fire stone super cruiser. It's a mix match of parts but I'm liking it. What do you guys think?
  15. ADVHOG

(MBBO#05 class 1)"Tissue Damage" Sears Spyder-Finished!

Tissue damage is what happens when you're bit by a spider, especially one as nasty as this one... I'll be stripping it down tomorrow to assess the damage!
  16. ADVHOG

Help with Monark S/N

I have a firestone super cruiser...the serial is on a plate on the bottom of the BB: A0428486 I come up with 1947 but that seems too early. Anybody help me out?
  17. ADVHOG

I love the flea market!

This mornings flea market haul: Beautiful blue fenders 3 dogleg cranks with skiptooth sprockets Wheels with a bendix red band rear hub Neck and bars...bars are marked "Torrington"! Im going back next saturday!
  18. ADVHOG

Finally a long bike! Updated pics...

I've wanted a long bike or long cargo bike for years. I've gone over plans in my head and even started bolting things together several times but I always stalled out. Thanks to franconuevo and his build off bike, "a long tale" I've got the bug again. It didn't help that I got my wife a tandem...
  19. ADVHOG

'62 Schwinn American

This is for a friend of a friend. It was her sister's bike. She died in a car crash at 17. This bike has been in the attic for 40 years. I want to remove the rust while retaining the patina and shine the chrome. I don't think i'll have to aquire anything but new tires. I don't know how...
  20. ADVHOG

Ward's Hawthorne help...

Can anybody help narrow down the year on this bike? Sn is 28125 on the bottom of the BB housing. I haven't had it apart yet to look for dates on the crank or the neck yet. Thanks in advance...
Back