Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tim Gorka

Auction Raleigh (and a goat)

Wonder how that Skidmores would work on the mountain goat. Nice transformation. My first woodcarving was a mountain goat for a girlfriend's birthday. We have been married 35 years now.
  2. Tim Gorka

1920s Hawthorne Flyer

Mead Crusader? Looks just like the frame I found today. Yours it one awesome bike.
  3. Tim Gorka

█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Finished in a Tie for 7th

We lived on a small island on the edge of Bluffton SC called Big Buck Island
  4. Tim Gorka

GEARS OF WAR

Very cool!
  5. Tim Gorka

ENIGMA

impressive!
  6. Tim Gorka

█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Finished in a Tie for 7th

Love this bike. Inspiring. But the pics made me homesick for our little island between Savannah and Hilton Head where we lived for 16 years. Savannah is one of my favorite places. Next time I am there I will be on the lookout for you bombing by on one of your awesome bikes.
  7. Tim Gorka

Elgin Twinbar valuation

Nice bike gallery by the way!
  8. Tim Gorka

Elgin Twinbar valuation

It looks to me that there were a couple chain guards available and this may be one of them. This should link you to the complete photo album for this bike as well as several detail shots of the casting. I will be set up at a Flea Market today, and will be unavailable to reply. <div...
  9. Tim Gorka

Elgin Twinbar valuation

I am in and out today. I will try to post a pic tonight. I may have mentioned that I also have the girls Elgin from about this time period in pieces. It has the kickstand and clip and what might be the more correct handlebars, rocket grips (one broken) mainly missing the crank and sprocket. I...
  10. Tim Gorka

Elgin Twinbar valuation

Thanks for posting that for me. Here is a link to a FB photo album with detail shots. <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src =...
  11. Tim Gorka

Elgin Twinbar valuation

Is this the piece that is called the lightbar? This is a repro piece that came with the bike. <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src =...
  12. Tim Gorka

Elgin Twinbar valuation

Yep that is the licence plate.
  13. Tim Gorka

Elgin Twinbar valuation

Thanks guys, Sorry, I am still trying to figure out how to navigate around here. It may take me a bit to figure out uploading pics other than from FB. I did set the bike in question as my avatar photo. As far as I can tell it is missing the rear light, and the twin front lights. I did receive a...
  14. Tim Gorka

Elgin Twinbar valuation

I am trying to determine a value on this Elgin Twinbar that I just acquired. I believe it is a 1939 I also have most of a girls Elgin of about the same year in parts in a box. <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if...
  15. Tim Gorka

Elgin Twinbar

I just signed up to RRBikes to research a bike I just picked up. My son and I are just getting started messing around with trading in vintage bikes and got a lot to learn. This was one of the first threads I clicked on and sure enough there is my bike. I can now figure out what is missing, but...
Back