Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Seesquare

Fat Cruiser & poor timing

Thanks! You are most welcome to the use of the license plates scenario. When I asked my spouse if this was a legal repurposing issue, she replied, "If not, y'all will be makin' 'em!"
  2. Seesquare

The Critter works, & pedals, much better with only 1 chain. Ain' no hillclimber, though! Even with 42t in the front, & 34t in the rear. Only 140mm crank arms, to provide ground clearance.
  3. Seesquare

Wildcat, you were right about omitting the central crank. The gears work just fine, now. The front crankwheel is a 40t, connected to the 7-ring freewheel, with the 34t "granny". No chain supports or idler wheels appear necessary. Seems to ride comfortably, albeit rather heavy @ 58#. I will shoot...
  4. Seesquare

Mighty long chain involved with that option. I have a KMX recumbent tadpole with, essentially, two "regular-length" chains hooked together, & it has quite an engineered chain management system. It has a conventional rear derailleur, so the tension is not a factor, anyway. I designed this fat...
  5. Seesquare

I am late to the party. This was my first awakening. I knew about the build contests, but not tracking the time period. Thanks, and I will pay more attention, in the future!
  6. Seesquare

I'm finding that 45t front crank ring, to the 36t middle ring, doesn't give me the (ideally) easy pedaling, with much less than the 34t rear, climbing sprocket. Got a 36t front crankwheel arriving soon, so we shall see if that makes a significant difference in the gearing & pedaling effort. I...
  7. Seesquare

The timing of this contest & challenge is not ideal. I have, essentially, just completed the massacre on my fat tire critter. I am still working on the optimal gearing scenario, though. So, technically, it ain' finished, yet. I didn't keep a photo journal during the process, so I can't even meet...
  8. Seesquare

VOTE HERE!!!! - FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Ratliner- that's the spirit!
  9. Seesquare

Mongoose Dolomite 'Street Edition'

Really? 35 psi. You haven't had any tires, popping off the rims? Missing all the potholes? Or, are those tires rated for higher pressures. My Vee Rubber Ultralight says 30 psi, on the sidewall. Yes, if you're doing 22mph with the 36t main sprocket, I would guess 30 mph, with a 46-to-48t gear...
  10. Seesquare

Good to know. Thanks! Hopefully, this will spare someone else, of a few gray hairs! Cheers.
  11. Seesquare

Looking for replacement crank for Dolo

Maybe, I just got lucky, but I just bought a cheapo Lasco 3-ring (24, 34, 44-t) off FleaBay, for about $15.00. 175mm arms. Had to make an extra spacer for the direct-mount derailleur, on the ProblemSolver 1322 adapter. those 175MM spindles ARE pretty long. I have no problem clearing the stays...
  12. Seesquare

DOLOMITE GALLERY

Posted elsewhere, also. My wife looked at the fenders & said, "I guess if they ain't legal, you'll be making them!" It's now a 21-speed heavyweight beast, with a 22-t front sprocket, and 34-t rear sprocket. I got some serious inclines, around here!
  13. Seesquare

Nice, Moike! I'm so tech-challenged. That flashing tail-light is just too-cool. I'm curious about the low-profile rubbers. Do you run those at higher, or lower, pressures? I'm finding the ride on the "standard" tires is about right, for my 185#, at about 15psi. I also put on a stem riser, with...
  14. Seesquare

Full view of the critter.
  15. Seesquare

[/URL][/IMG] Been making some embellishments to the Dolomite. Now, have a Lasco 3-ring crankset (24, 34, & 44-t), with a Shimano direct high-mount derailleur, & a ProblemSolvers 1322 seat-tube adapter. Wasn't enough to extend out to the sprockets, with the 175mm spindle, so I had to make an...
Back