Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. I

My ride to work today

Early 80's Schwinn Cruiser that I gave the BMX touch to. I ride this thing pretty often. My dailys are either this, or my KOS Cruiser. It's nice being able to bring them inside the office for safe keeping.
  2. I

Mongoose maybe Tange ATB fork "bi-plane"

Go on Facebook and join my Mongoose ATB and mountainbike group... Might find one there. It's a small, very slowly growing group.
  3. I

What have you been riding lately?

Not reallry a rat rod bike, but I've been riding this bike I got at Goodwill a couple weeks ago.
  4. I

Score of a lifetime today at the Goodwill Outlet... Stopped in after a doctor appointment this morning, and as they were swapping the bins, they rolled this out... I practically chased the guy down and grabbed it before he could even put in in the rack. Got it home, swapped the wierdness off it...
  5. I

My ride to work today... Rescued from a scrapper. Had a mangled front wheel, and worn out grips and seat. It's a cool bike, but I can't get used to the two-speed kickback hub... I'm constantly changing gears when I don't want to.
  6. I

It's awesome!
  7. I

New automatic Schwinn serial number lookup tool

This is giving off a repop vibe to me... Serial number up front, but doesn't fit the old Schwinn number sequence. The fork also looks pretty fat compared to an original...
  8. I

DC FINDS

You do a lot better flipping bikes than I do around here.. Nobody wants to pay anything for a good quality refurbished older bike. They'd rather go buy a bike at Walmart. I gave up. Wasn't worth my time, garage space, and hastle dealing with people to make $20, or just break even.
  9. I

Show us them cars!

My 455 big block Vista Cruiser...Rescued from a junkyard last year. Affectionally referred to as "Crusty"
  10. I

From 1 bike guy to another

"According to the catalog" My guess is it's just marketing... The wheels had heavier gauge spokes. The tires were thicker. But these frames I have are exactly alike. They "might" be heavier wall tubing, but I doubt it.
  11. I

They use the same frame and fork. The frame also has the tabs for a rear rack on the dropouts. My blue cruiser frame and fork are exactly the same as my Heavy Duti.
  12. I

They were for fenders. My yellow one had fenders on it when I got it.
  13. I

80's Schwinn Cruiser Can be made into cool 26" BMX cruisers with that straight fork. I've got a mint blue single speed coaster that I've done the BMX thing to. Don't have any good pics on this computer, though.
  14. I

Got some bikes I'm hoping to sell/trade at a swap meet, need help on pricing

I took some similar bikes to my first swap meet... I overheard a few comments about these "garage sale bikes" The guys at these swap meets are typically looking for higher end vintage bikes... No offence, but you'll be lucky to have any offers on any of those besides maybe the MX... I had some...
  15. I

Nylon wheel to remove rust from rims?

No need for all that abrasiveness!!! You'll destroy what chrome is left. Take the guts out of the wheels, and soak the rims in white vinegar overnight... The rust will practically wipe off. I've got a round rubber tub that 20" wheels fit in, but 24 and 26" I have to tilt them in on their sides...
  16. I

1966 Coppertone Junior Stingray

It's definitely a custom job. Cool bike, but if you're average size and wanting to ride it, you may be better off finding a full size Stingray to swap stuff over to. If it's for your kid, then clean and lube it, and slap a wheel on the back and get it ridable. And go cruise. Sent from my...
  17. I

1966 Coppertone Junior Stingray

I really don't think any juniors were sold as a three speed. Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
  18. I

Many Vintage Bicycles & Parts Mosty 50'-70's

My wife says I have too many bikes. I'll show her this. That ought to shut her up. LOL Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
  19. I

New Departure Model D Rebuild

Just rebuilt my model D, and it rolls good, but takes cranks half turn to engage, and brake. I'll have to check out the clutch spring. Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
  20. I

LED conversion advice

You can get replacement bulbs for many flashlight bulbs in led. That might be the simplest solution. Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
Back