Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Nubby

Copper plating

Has anyone tried copper plating bike parts? I know that it's become fashionable in the past couple of years to have some copper accents, but I'm thinking about building a bike and replacing everything chrome with copper plating. I've done some research but it seems that none of the DIYers can...
  2. Nubby

Fooses's Bikes

Just a cool video from Chip Foose showing off his bicycle collection. Not much more to say really ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ link to the video here
  3. Nubby

Cheap and effective way to remove powder coating?

Hiya fellas! I'm currently working on a chopped bicycle frame and I'm planning on doing a real fancy paint job. Probably something like marble paint. Those kinds of paint are hella lot of work, but turn out amazing if you take the time to do it right. I already did a bunch of TIG welding on it...
  4. Nubby

Fake-Rust Paint Job?

Hi there, I am building a bike and I am aiming for a more rat rod like one. Ofcourse, being a rat rod, it is supposed to be weathered. So I want to create a fake-rust paint job. I am currently experimenting with different paints. But does anyone have some links or info or maybe even a brand of...
  5. Nubby

First bike, Board Track Racer

I'm starting the build of my first bike, and I might as well do it right. So I've decided to make it a Board Track Racer. Here's a link to the build page http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/beach-cruiser-to-board-track-racer.86111/
  6. Nubby

Beach Cruiser to Board Track Racer

Starting on my first build right now, I've already found a suitable bike for the build. I wanted to make a sort of Board Track Racer that was re-purposed as a street racer in the 50'. It will look and have the components of a 20' racer, but with the paint techniques of the 50'. Sort of a early...
  7. Nubby

Move the seat to the back?

I've seen some people move their seats further to the back above the fenders... I can't think of a proper way to do this myself. I think I should make custom parts?
Back