Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. almaguer4

Loose bearings for headset

I replaced the headset bearings on a 69 Sears Spyder using caged bearings. The size of top bearings looked a bit different so I used the old one. I cleaned it, adjusted it and greased it. The bottom one looked right so I used the new one. From day one, the top race never fit right, but I...
  2. almaguer4

Restored Sears Spyder

I had fun restoring this Spyder for my grandson. It’s even more fun watching him clean and polish this bike. He really takes care of it. Although his buddies are riding fixies or modern bikes, he rides his Spyder. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. almaguer4

Sears Spyder Excel Brake Spring

Hello All, Recently restored a late 60’s Sears Spyder with rear dual brake system. The only problem I’m having is finding parts for the Excel brakes such as the spring. Anyone out there have one? I’ll post some pics of the bike later today. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. almaguer4

Chrome Wheel Cleanup

I’m always amazed on how well rusty old wheels clean up. This wheel set is from my 67 Sears Spyder. The inside of the rims looks brand new. I have a short video of a side by side of the wheels but can’t load it. Used bronze wool pads and vinegar to get rid of the rust. Sent from my...
  5. almaguer4

Shimano 333 Derailleur

Anyone have a Shimano 333 Derailleur for sale? Here’s a pic for reference. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. almaguer4

Memorial Day Bike Ride

First Family ride. Had a few minor hiccups but overall a good ride. My nephews are thrilled with their muscle bikes. N Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. almaguer4

Schwinn S7 Wheel

I picked up a Schwinn Jr. Stingray that came with an S7 rear wheel. Can I use a wider tire on a S7 rear wheel. The only tires ive found are 20 x 1 3/4. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. almaguer4

Oxford Muscle Bike

Picked up this bike yesterday for my niece. It's an Oxford bike which the decals have worn off so I don't know the model. Any one familiar with this bike that may be able to offer some information. Not necessarily interested in the worth or value. After a clean up and some maintenance, it...
  9. almaguer4

50's Chainset 46t/49t - Lenton Grand Prix

Hello, I'm in the early stages of restoring a 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix and in need of a chainset that's time appropriate for this bike. The correct chainset is a Williams "Heron" Double, 46t/49t crankset. Here are a few pics of others chsinsets that were equipped on Lenton GP's...
  10. almaguer4

Nexus 3 Hub trim kit and hardware

Looking for a dust cap for a Nexus 3 speed hub. I've searched all over and can't seem to find one. This kit was available not too long ago on eBay and Amazon for only $9-$12 but are now sold out. If you know a place or have a spare one, please let me know. I'll be happy to buy it. There's...
  11. almaguer4

26 x 1.5 color tires

Looking for creme or brown 26 x 1.5 tires. Searched eBay and Amazon but did not see much. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen a much of a selection when it comes to color tires in this size. Any one have any idea or suggestions where I can find some. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. almaguer4

Mongoose Cruiser

I have a Mongoose Californian which has a cruiser frame. A bit of a surprise since Mongoose is known for BMX bikes. It's made of aluminum and chrome plated. Does any one have information on this bike? I have looked all over the Internet but can't find much. Based on the SN, it appears to...
  13. almaguer4

78 Stingray - random pics

Just about done with this bike. Building it for my other grandson, Dominic. Just like his brother he picked the color. Handle bars are not original to the bike. They were in bad shape. Will replace them soon. . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. almaguer4

Shiamano 333 hub lubricator port

I'm working on a Sears Fleetwood with a Shiamano 333 hub. It is missing the hub lubricator port/cap. Does anyone know where I can pick one up? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. almaguer4

64 Sears Fleetwood

Love chrome bikes. Picked this one up last year from CL for $25. Took it apart and now working on rebuilding it. Put some 1.75 tires on just to ride it around. I ordered some 1 3/8 road tires for it. Cleaned up and shined the fenders and chainguard. Just don't have the time right now...
  16. almaguer4

Random pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. almaguer4

Making progress

It took me a while to strip the frame but I'm glad I did. Here's a few pics. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. almaguer4

S7 Rear Wheel.

The rear wheel on my bike has an S7 rim with a coaster brake on a (single red line ) hub. Keep in mind, this is not a stingray original frame. It has a 62 Typhoon 20" frame. I've read several post on this forum that say that the S7 rim is a front rim. Just looking for some clarification on...
  19. almaguer4

Schwinn Headtube Bearing Set

After removing the top and bottom bearings, the top one fell apart. So my question is, does anyone have the Schwinn code # for the bearing set. I believe one of them is a Schwinn 2557. The other, is a Wald, I believe, but not a Schwinn. Any information is greatly appreciated. The frame I'm...
  20. almaguer4

Stingray 20" Wheels

I'm working on rebuilding a bike I bought for my grandson. I thought it was an original Stingray until I determined the frame serial number is for a 20" 62 Typhoon/American bike that was converted to look like a Stingray. Everything else is original including the rims and tires. My question...
Back