Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Cruiser5

$60.00 SUN Cruiser

Craigslist find of the day. Front tire and rim were stolen and not included in sale. It is literally like new!!!
  2. Cruiser5

Bottom Bracket BeeHive!!!

I picked up this gem for free at a curbside purge. Chain was rusted frozen and bottom bracket needed an overhaul. Found a mass grave of bees in bottom bracket and thought that to be strange. Never know what you are going to get until you tear it down. Weird!
  3. Cruiser5

What to call it? Klunker, Cruiser, BMX....CruiseXXX?

I have been playing around with a 3G frame and some extra parts I have. The photo is a basic mock up of frame, forks, stem and the front tire will be front and back which is a Fat Frank. Got a BMX 3 piece crank to add as I build her up. Going with Cruiser bars and a comfortable 3G Cruiser...
  4. Cruiser5

Electra Cruiser rebuild 2015

Just picked up a $25.00 project on Craigs. Looks to be all original but pretty well weathered sans chainguard. Plan to paint and install new bottom bracket, headset and whatever else as the build progresses. I purchased a wheel set several months back and they came with Kenda Flame 3" tires...
  5. Cruiser5

Budget 3G rebuild

I have always liked the geometry of the 3G brand and decided to tackle a rebuild project when I found this bike on Craigs for $25. My plan is to keep it as original as possible with exception of the headset, cranks and bottom bracket. The old bearings, cups and fork crown were heavily scored...
  6. Cruiser5

3 Piece crank to 3G Cruiser?

Hi, I am in the beginning process of a bike build and am wondering if anyone has used the crank set up listed below and to verify that it is compatible with my project. I am looking for an affordable set up that looks good and will give a smooth ride. The frame is a cruiser 3G with standard...
  7. Cruiser5

Greetings from CA!

Hey all! I have an early 80's Schwinn Cruiser 5 that I bought new as a kid for my paper route runner. When I am not shifting gears I am cruising the Lagoon pictured below. Just picked up a used 3G Isla Vista in terrible shape that needs some love. Once I commit to that project I'll post...
Back