Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kgmcpheeters

Spaceliner Tire Questions

Have you got a dremel tool? I'd go after the screw head with a cut off wheel if it was me!
  2. kgmcpheeters

2013 New Belgium Brewing Fat Tire

I have a 2013 as well, love it, commute with it often. My buddy removed the basket before delivering it to me, I asked him to see if he can find it, if so I'll let it go cheap!
  3. kgmcpheeters

Stiff Pedal?

nice fix! I put a pair of those on my girlfriend's restomod columbia roadster. Loved the look and for the price, seem to be decent!
  4. Kyle

Kyle

Kyle's uploads
  5. kgmcpheeters

Can you tighten or adjust a coaster brake?

Just wanted to update this for anyone who is going through the same thing. I took the hub back apart and checked out the shoes and hub shell. Both looked pretty polished, so I sanded them pretty thoroughly with 150 grit. I was kind of winging it, seems that may have been a little rough as the...
  6. kgmcpheeters

Thanks for the reply! Good thought on the leverage...I'm wanting to put a bigger rear cog anyhow, but as is it just really lacks power...like if you stand all your weight on the pedal it won't lock up the rear wheel with skinny tires. I'd never rebuilt a coaster before, so wasn't sure what to...
  7. kgmcpheeters

Bringing an old thread back from the dead for a question. I rebuilt a bendix 70 on a restoration of a columbia roadster for my girlfriend for christmas. Before the rebuild you would pedal backwards 3 or 4 complete rotations before anything happened. After disassembly, degreasing and relubing it...
  8. kgmcpheeters

Cheap and easy shifter mount and stickshift conversion

i used a 1" cap when i built mine. used a utility knife to carve most of the rubber off of the shifter to allow it to fit snugly. I also made a PVC mount (1/2"), and has held up better than expected over the past two years. Oh, but mine is bolted with 1/4" all thread through the length of the...
  9. kgmcpheeters

"No Bikes In The House" or "Next On Hoarders"

Yeah, its tough not having a garage! I've got four complete bikes in the house right now...rainy day/rider bikes stay under cover on the porch...currently four in that lot as well right now
  10. kgmcpheeters

Hello From Chattanooga

Nice. Yeah, the river walk is great. The bulk of my commute is the walnut st bridge, which is an awesome resource we've got here too! Stoked about the bike lanes getting added on Frazier and Broad st, starting to become a bike friendly community! Where do you ride frankenstein that is legal/dont...
  11. kgmcpheeters

Hello From Chattanooga

Welcome! I'm in Chattanooga too, live on the North Shore and work downtown. Might see me commuting on one of my bikes...couple of New Belgium bikes, a fully polished mountain bike with green tires, a red 70s road bike, or a huffy cruiser I did in red primer with a back seat on a rack. Nothing...
  12. kgmcpheeters

fender braces

Hey everyone! Looking for some cool/different/things I could actually make type ideas for some fender braces. Restoring/resto modding a 70's women's Columbia Roadster for my girlfriend. Most all of the stock parts are polishing up real nice, but the braces are that v shaped galvanized steel that...
  13. kgmcpheeters

Before and after

looks great. I've been needing to try it myself and this has convinced me its the way to go for sure! your wheelset on that thing is sick too
  14. kgmcpheeters

'62 Schwinn American

what'd you use to get the bars cleaned up? You mentioned WD-40 and steel wool for the wheels, how fine of wool are you using? I've been doing the coke/aluminum foil on some old parts, but need something a little more aggressive sometimes...
  15. kgmcpheeters

Best classic-looking saddle for <$75?

Not familiar with rrc.com and that link takes you to the reproductive resource center :p what is the actual address you were thinking of?
  16. kgmcpheeters

chain ring swap

Yeah, I expect you're right, though hopefully I can try it out and order the part if need be, then have some down time for it to ship and for my buddy to bring me back my chain break :P
  17. kgmcpheeters

chain ring swap

Just noticed my 2013 Felt/New Belgium has a 22t rear, will have to see if itll work to let me try it out before buying another one...
  18. kgmcpheeters

chain ring swap

Thank you guys for the feedback and education!! I had just assumed that swapping the chainwheel ( ;) ) would be the easiest/most available swap, didnt realize there were bigger rear sprockets so readily available to yield similar results, and good point about the chain guard. Horsefarmer's...
  19. kgmcpheeters

chain ring swap

Hey everyone! So I have some potentially dumb questions, but I've only recently forayed into single speed stuff, so please forgive me. First of all, is the front gear on a single speed one piece crank still called a chainring like on my MTB's or is it a chain wheel? If not, what's the...
  20. kgmcpheeters

"building" a loser

Thanks! I had a bike of this nature in college too...fun to get back to just wrenching on bikes and not worrying about everything being super perfect, just throwing something together that looks cool and goes from a to b. Total budget on my current one is at about $27 so far, including the bike...
Back