Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. EvanDX

DX Deluxe

Well I threw it together really fast with some parts I had laying around so I could do some riding this weekend. It looks really cluttered now, so the plan now is to just clean it up and replace the modern pedals and grips with some cooler stuff, and build a shifter instead of the handle bar...
  2. EvanDX

DX Deluxe

Not much done yesterday. Just cleaned up the tires by removing the lettering. Before: After: It's all in the details, right?
  3. EvanDX

DX Deluxe

Thanks! I'm hoping if I do all the other parts in black it will really make the patina on the frame the center piece of the whole bike.
  4. EvanDX

DX Deluxe

Oh yea the sprocket isn't going anywhere. It's a little bent out of shape, I could probably fix it, but if not it will look cool hanging on the wall.
  5. EvanDX

DX Deluxe

This is a bike I've been wanting to build for a long time. I have been putting it off for to long, but this build off has inspired me to finally get it done. The Deluxe part of the name makes it seem like its gonna be covered in every accessory possible but it's really going to be kinda of the...
  6. EvanDX

Klunker Build

I had the same experience with the walmart chains, at least they are inexpensive and next time i'll only need to buy one chain.
  7. EvanDX

Klunker Build

tank is going back on for sure, judging by the rear fender brace this bike is really supposed to have peaked fenders on it and the ones that came with the bike just don't look right on it. I may try to make some custom shorty fenders out of them though.
  8. EvanDX

Klunker Build

Well I still have a month off until I have to go back to school and today was a slow day so I ended up in my basement all afternoon putting this thing together. It all started when I decided I was going to take my brother's old mountain bike apart and use all the parts from it on this frame...
  9. EvanDX

First Good CL Score!

I saw that also while I was there, I think i'm to tall to ride something like that! It will be a stretch for me to fit on the 24" bike, but maybe with the addition of a banana seat it will put me far enough back to ride comfortably.
  10. EvanDX

First Good CL Score!

If I had seen any I would have brought them home with me too!
  11. EvanDX

First Good CL Score!

So I never have any luck on craigslist when it comes to bike stuff, but today I finally stumbled onto a listing that was like a gold mine! Well almost. The guy was only about 30 minutes away and had tons of bikes (mostly girls) in his yard. I came home with two and don't feel like they put that...
  12. EvanDX

Schwinn Ladies Bike Build

Well I got this thing put together on time and delivered on christmas morning, but I don't have any good pictures. I had a bunch, but had to delete them so my girlfriend wouldn't see the completed bike before christmas. Here's one to get an idea of how it all came out. It looks tiny in the...
  13. EvanDX

Sting-ray Junior

Yea it looks like the chain guard had some pliers taken to it at one point. I think I'll just find some red line tires for it and let it sit around and look cool. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. EvanDX

Sting-ray Junior

Thanks for the info! These are potentially worth more than I thought. I only gave like $30 for this thing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. EvanDX

Sting-ray Junior

So everything I have found about these bikes is that the frame is just a little smaller and is the same dimensions as the early sting-rays. This was the first old bike I ever bought, which was about 10 years ago. When I got the bike it had a slick on the back (the old and cracked tire blew out...
  16. EvanDX

Well after I had a little issue with the ivory color on the frame last night I had to walk away from the bike for the night. This morning I got up early and got to work sanding and respraying the ivory. After all that work I'm finally ready for some clear! The wings aren't perfect either I...
  17. EvanDX

Making some progress, the stripes may be a little off in terms of placement,but I'm still happy with how they came out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. EvanDX

Time for some paint Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. EvanDX

Didn't get to do any work on it yesterday, but it's all primed up now and ready for some sanding. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. EvanDX

Well it's hanging up and ready for paint, looks like I may have a long night ahead of me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back