Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. raised by robots

Raleigh Capri Project

I havn't posted here in a while, but I'm still fooling around with bikes on my free time. I really wanted a lightweight roadbike to thrash around the streets on, so I snagged this 90's Raleigh Capri from craigslist. I payed a little too much for it, but its a decent bike and half the weight of...
  2. raised by robots

lost the pedals, now im motorized!

Well, the vibration that apparently plagued the Triumphs is nonexistent in the Kawasaki. They manufactured the w650 with a counter-weight for the pistons so it doesn't vibrate too much. My only beef with the engine is that the (final) fifth gear redlines around 100 mph, so cruising at 75 = high...
  3. raised by robots

thanks guys. I didn't know this bike existed untill I stumbled across it on craigslist. I cant believe U.S. sales couldn't sustain production, its such a unique bike. I think it was offered only from 2000 to 2002 in the U.S. and it wasn't too pricey either, I nabbed this one at $4500. But this...
  4. raised by robots

Hey guys, I've haven't posted here in a long time, but I regularly check out whats going on. Well, I've turned to the motor side of the two wheeled world. I got a motorcycle a couple weeks ago. I love it, its a 2001 Kawasaki w650. If your not familiar, the w650 is a European model that is a...
  5. raised by robots

Wal-Mart $88 Stingray builds

i've been tooling around with mine: Im using a trashed front rim from the dump untill I can find a better 20" rim. I swaped out that weird looking sprocket for a vintage, non-schwinn sprocket. Found a vintage goose-neck stem and speedo. I ordered some 20" whitewalls, and I did a cheap diy...
  6. raised by robots

Big Rig marker lights...

I found this tail light at a truck stop> But I removed the guts and replaced it with an LED set up. It still works fine.
  7. raised by robots

SCREEN NAME MEANINGS

Well, after my parents and the pack of wolves abandoned me... the robots took me in. ... my screen name doesn't have any real relevance to me. I just thought it sounded cool. I've used it for a couple other screen names and emails.
  8. raised by robots

Oh COME ON...

man, that is ri-di-cu-lous! Things like this makes me glad walmart produced some cheap stingrays for everyone else. ha
  9. raised by robots

What Santa Bring Ya?

I got a big piece of shiny black coal with two wheels and a banana seat!!! my parents, once again, suprrised me this year. I cant wait to fix this thing up.
  10. raised by robots

Stingray Classic at Walmart for $88! Not the new style!

I finnally got a chance to swing by my walmart, and they actually had a couple of them out on the racks. Man, those bikes are really cool, I want a stingray now. To be completely honest, that was the first time I had ever had a chance to ride, or even see, a classic stingray. Its going to be...
  11. raised by robots

the STRAIGHT 7 special (complete!)

I noticed a few people listed all the components that they used for their bike, so I thought I should do the same the Straight 7 special consists of> -frame, fork, neck, seat post and clamp: all from a schwinn speedster of some sort made in '77 that I got for free. -rims, front hub, and seat...
  12. raised by robots

mini rat - now called "Slow Ride" DONE 11/29

Ahhh, I see now. Its still a cool picture though. I asked because when I set up some of my bikes for photos, I find a rock or something to keep the front wheel from turning when it leans on the kick stand. cheers
  13. raised by robots

mini rat - now called "Slow Ride" DONE 11/29

I like the colors you used. I like simple two tone paint jobs. But I do have a question.... how did you get the bike to stay upright for the picture? did you set some bricks beside the tires or something? Ha, I was analyzing the pictures of the bike and I couldn't figure it out. But this a...
  14. raised by robots

Hellbilly

This is a great looking bike! It looks very legit, and everything fits together very well. I've got a very similar western flyer frame like that... except its got a single top tube. I really like the truss rods/book rack on the front too! I need to find a pair of those.
  15. raised by robots

Straight Schwinnister!

Hey man, I really like what you've done here. I dig it, and in my opinion... the pin striping you did looks spot on. I like how you used some classic style schwinn graphics on the bike too. the bike looks killer, congrats
  16. raised by robots

the STRAIGHT 7 special

lets hear it for procrastination! I finally finished the build off bike, for now atleast. There were a couple of things I didn't get to do, and the bike ended up looking different than what I anticipated. If I hadn't ran out of money, I would have liked to put a pair of truss rods and a cool...
  17. raised by robots

the STRAIGHT 7 special (complete!)

Re: the STRAIGHT 7 special (updates on 10/9) well, Im back from the dead once again. I have been working on/riding this bike a lot lately, I just havn't had the time to post my progress. But i documented the last few changes on this thing: New light! I was at a truckstop a while back and i...
  18. raised by robots

Firewalkers "Pic-A-nick" Cruiser! DONE! but not in

wow man, I really like the lines you laid on the seat. Good color combo too. What else could you expect from the master upholster right? good job
  19. raised by robots

do u like to see riding pix?

speaking of riding pics.... check these out, they are un-altered. I took them while riding with my girlfirend today.
  20. raised by robots

Ground Up

wow, all kinds of cool parts! That orange leather should look good with the fenders. Those brake levers are crazy looking.
Back