Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. DJ Bill

Tubing wall thickness

Can anyone tell me what an appropriate wall thickness would be for a larger diameter tubed frame? (1.5") I've found some prebent tubing that has just the right arc....but I don't know if it is thick enough. Adult ridden bike, Mild Off road use at times, 26 inch tires, apes, banana, etc..
  2. DJ Bill

"Pilot" Childs bike with tank and rack??

Anyone recognize this? I'm thinking CWC built but with the missing headbadge I don't know what it was sold as. Roadmaster? Looks like it is a convertible.. and that back tire looks pretty darn good to me. My boss actually picked it up for me at a yard sale. :happy:
  3. DJ Bill

Need some pricing help on a survivor ladies skip tooth bike.

Hi guys.. It is time to liquidate some bikes, as the tax man is knocking at my door with his hand out.(It stinks to pay taxes for just owning a place! I could rent it for less than I pay in tax..) Anyhow, the first to go is going to be my ladies Firestone Cruiser...(Yes, that is the model name...
  4. DJ Bill

Sloansville NY swap - anybody goin'??

Just saw this on Craigs Bicycle swapmeet Sunday October 25th (Sloansville) Congrats Steve on the new store!
  5. DJ Bill

Junkyard Worksman

Figured it was time to do a little building tonight after work... I started here with one of the famous Chuckz Frames: It's the INB model. (Industrial News Boy for those in the dark, like me..) Been used somewhere in Houston industry, got a wee bit of surface rust but it's straight and solid...
  6. DJ Bill

MBBO4 Class 2 - DJ's Dilemma.......

So.....you get this pile of parts and you gotta build a Musclebike?? Holy Scrap Pile, Spiderman! Coaster?? Three Speed? Ashtabula or three piece?? What size tires are gonna end up on it?? And just what to call it....?????? Hmm, Maybe a recumbent Muscle bike?? Nah. Well. this is going to be...
  7. DJ Bill

Craigs 2 stroke NY

I almost pulled the trigger on this one as I've seen a LOT of similar bikes in the area..then I read up on NYS motorized bicycle laws (basically one big NO) and I think I know why he's selling it. We do have a few areas here in the NY Capital district that seem to let folks get away with these...
  8. DJ Bill

(MBBO#04 Class 1) Screamin' Deal!

In the honor of all those screamin' deals we all seem to find on Craigslist and elsewhere, I will be doing a restobuild on my Sears Screamer. Now that I have officially entered, I can get the bike out of my bedroom tomorrow,and I'll just have to finish it! Here's a preview... And don't...
  9. DJ Bill

8/27 Pair of Columbias - Torpedo ladies and ??? mens, missing tanks and headlights.

Picked these up tonight....The ladies is a Torpedo with an awesome seat tube decal... Front wheel obviously wrong, it didn't have one when I picked it up. Signs of there being a tank at one point. It's got a H 257241 Serial and a Mattatuck USA hub. The men's is a _____________ with a D 96557...
  10. DJ Bill

Walmart cruiser converted to CB from 5 Speed.. Chain adjustment???

I was almost all buttoned up on Lulu, the latest pink bike to hit my stable.. and I discovered I couldn't get the chain tension right.. Either way too tight, or loose enough to whip around and pop off. The rear dropouts are vertical....no fore aft adjustment at all .. Even a half link didn't...
  11. DJ Bill

I've died and gone to heaven...Oh wait..it's just a Youtube video....

Might be old news to you guys but I enjoyed it. Drool drool drool! Chestnut Hollow 2008 Video. Wow. Do we know these folks?
  12. DJ Bill

BMX Find...Whatizzit?

Title says it all... I saw the wheels and said...I NEED those... but the more I look the more components I like.. BB really looks Schwinn, electroforged style. but headset area is welded (very nicely).. Any ideas, guys?
  13. DJ Bill

Nickel Silver for Brazing with Model RR Nickel Silver Track ??

I'm hoping with all the weldors here we might have someone who knows about this stuff.. I work in a model railroad store and we toss a lot of used track..I've got quite a few pounds of nickel silver rail and was wondering if it was worth keeping to try and braze with....the local scrap mill...
  14. DJ Bill

Are Micargi Hero parts worth using??

I picked up a Micargi Hero Girl's "lowriderr" banana bike this weekend.. Mainly because I liked the looks of the springier and tires/wheels.. The bike is in pretty nice shape with just a few dings and bright chrome. I'm looking at certain parts for an adult ridden swing bike build.. Are these...
  15. DJ Bill

You have got to be kidding.. Seriously??

The Huffy Verona I just picked up has PLASTIC cranks!!! The plating has worn off and there are surface cracks starting. What were they thinking?? I'm thinking lawsuit territory right there.. It does have a nice looking frame, however. Not really even close to a mountain bike. Has this...
  16. DJ Bill

New to me Sears Screamer 5 Speed/Springer fork, 1969 0r 70??

DJ Bill Any thoughts on how to refurb this or whether to even do anything appreciated. I'm not entirely certain that the bars and stem are not replacement Wald units..although the patina on them matches. If it was an old Schwinn ten speed I'd be after all the chrome with copper wool and...
  17. DJ Bill

Who are you guys using for mail order /online source for hard parts ??

I'm starting to get into repairing the run of the mill bikes mainly for friends and the local bike rescue organizations So far everything has been big box store thrashed mountain bikes and old ten speeds..(How Sears and Wards ever got so broke with all the bikes they sold I dunno..) If I keep...
  18. DJ Bill

The Old Lady gets her own thread......(Not a sewing adventure.)

I've been cluttering up the fresh find thread with a "build" of sorts.... This was a local Craigslist find...What amazes me is that another old bike fan passed on it. (He didn't have wheels to fit it.??) Got it home on top of my load of scrap metal I need to toss soon. One day I will have an...
  19. DJ Bill

Two modern bikes and an old lady.

Here's what I picked up this week.. There are more but these are the ones I played with today. The mountain bike I talked about in another thread, the Schwinn(yeah right..) Cruiser is a prospect for another 700 rim and maybe a 3 speed, and the monarch?? Firestone Cruiser I just couldn't walk...
  20. DJ Bill

Building up an urban assault machine from junk parts..need suggestions.

Hey guys, here's my latest project to come in the door.. It's one of those fine Wally World Genesis V2100 $150 suspension mountain bikes. Cost: Almost Nothin. A cup of coffee at Starbucks cost more. I'm looking for ideas to replace all the missing/ broken parts so as to not spend a lot of money...
Back